Mercy Corps Nigeria invites suitably qualified companies to express interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Mercy Corps is a global non-governmental, humanitarian aid organization operating in transitional contexts that have undergone, or have been undergoing, various forms of economic, environmental, social and political instabilities.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for Borehole Upgrading Central Primary School Kwaya-Kusar
Mercy Corps, an International Non-Governmental Humanitarian Organization, under Small-Town Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (STWASH) Activity is a five-year initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), covering the states of Adamawa, Yobe, and Borno in Northeast Nigeria. The Activity is to support the sustainable improvements in access to basic water and sanitation that are necessary to facilitate ongoing recovery, peace building, and economic development across the region.
The goal of the program is to facilitate the economic recovery of some crisis-affected communities and bolster the capacity of the state governments in providing essential WASH services creating and sustaining enabling environments for Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation Agencies (STWSSAs) and Water Consumers Associations (WCAs) to operate effectively. The program has two broad components; expanded access to water and for sanitation facilities and strengthening capacity for small town water governance.
Mercy Corps chooses to hold competitive bidding process for the selection of companies/contractors who will implement our requirements. We believe that competitive bids are the only way to fairly select the best company for the job while ensuring good prices and preventing collaboration and corruption.
Suppliers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they:
- Are not registered companies
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- Have been convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct
- Have not fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes
- Are guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information
- Are in violation of the policies outlined in Mercy Corps Anti Bribery or Anti-Corruption Statement
- Supplier (or supplier’s principals) are on any list of sanctioned parties issued by; or are presently excluded or disqualified from participation in this transaction by: The United States Government or United Nations by the United States Government, the United Kingdom, the European Union, the United Nations, other national governments, or public international organizations.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
In keeping with Mercy Corps’ guiding principle for procurement, Mercy Corps Nigeria Uses only responsible suppliers who possess the ability to perform successfully under the terms and conditions of a proposed procurement. In addition to the ability to perform, Mercy Corps also consider minimum standards of responsibility to determine which suppliers Mercy Corps will do business with. These standards include;
- Being eligible business under applicable laws and regulations of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Being in good standing with any taxation or legal authority in Nigeria
- Having a satisfactory record of performance and business and ethics based on information available to Mercy Corps.
Documents supporting the Eligibility Criteria:
- Legal Business Registration (Copy of Certificate of Business Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission for companies or businesses operating in Nigeria)
- Copy of Tax Registration Certificate (From FIRS or Board of Internal Revenue)
- A copy of relevant certificate of membership of a professional body (COREN, NMGS etc.) (Please attach evidence to bid document).
- Evidence of previously done similarly project and experience working with an INGOs (service completion report, verifiable relevant contracts successfully executed within Borno State or the Northeast in general)
- Delivery Time/Project Schedule/work plan (maximum delivery or completion time for suppliers to pass 30 working days from the date of signing the contract).
- The company’s technical team should comprise at a minimum; Civil Engr, Geologist, Water Engineering, or any other relevant field (Attach CV of each of the technical team member- 3- page max for each person)
- Evidence of financial capacity/banking support to execute the contract if successfully selected (corporate bank account statement of the company must be recent/ the audited financial report from 2018 upward).
- A copy of relevant certificate of membership of an Engineering or relevant Professional Body (COREN, COMEG, NMGS etc.)
- At least 7 years of experience in the planning, designing, and overseeing WASH related construction and maintenance of building structures, and At least 5 years’ experience of implementing and/ or rehabilitation, upgrading and construction of WASH related projects; (service completion report, verifiable relevant contracts successfully executed within Borno State or the Northeast in general)
- Financial Offer of the bidder (Only realistic and reasonable offer will be considered).
Application Closing Date
5:30pm (WAT), 18th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
For hard copy submission, proposal should be marked "Upgrading of Water Schemes in Central Primary School Kwaya-kusar LGA, Borno" in full bidding document with attachments in sealed envelope to Mercy Corps Office in Biu, Nigeria located at:
Behind BOSADP Office,
Tse-Tse, Adjacent PS House,
Biu - Borno State.
For Email submissions, proposal subject "NIG/BIU/TEN15, Borehole Upgrading, Central Primary School Kwaya-kusar, Borno State, Nigeria" should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(PDF) for a detailed description of the tender document.