The Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC) invites reputable NERC approved Meter Manufacturers, Local Meter Manufacturing Agencies, or Metering Solution Providers that are qualified, capable and interested to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents to tender for the following works:
Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) is one of the eighteen companies that emerged from Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc sequel to the on-going Power Sector reform. It is among the eleven Electricity Distribution Companies in Nigeria. The Company was granted operational license in 2006 by the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).
Enugu Electricity Distribution Company has 18 Business Units and one undertaking. It is in charge of the five(5) states in the South East geo-political Zone, namely: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo State.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for Vendor Financing of Meter Supply and Installation (MAP)
Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC) is looking for a reputable NERC approved Meter Manufacturers, Local Meter Manufacturing Agencies, or Metering Solution Providers that are qualified, capable and interested in participating in customer metering under the framework of Vendor Financing as approved by Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).
Consequently, firms interested in rendering such financing, meter supply and installation services to EEDC, are requested to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) Proposal.
Scope of Work
- Supply and Installation of Single Phase (Two Wire) Smart Prepaid Customers Meters along with accessories as per EEDC/NERC/NEMSA approved Specifications
- Supply and Installation of Three Phase (Four Wire) Smart Prepaid Customers Meter along with accessories as per EEDC /NERC/NEMSA approved Specifications.
- Supply and Installation of MD customer meters along with applicable accessories as per EEDC/NERC/NEMSA approved specifications
Note: All meters must have complete accessories such as CTS, PTS, Meter Boxes, Metering Cubicles, MCBs etc., all of which must be NEMSA certified. Furthermore, the Eol should include a viable Vendor Financing framework that covers the modalities of financing the project in a given area DSS wise or 11kV/33kV feeder wise for completion of 100% metering; flexible repayment structures that are based on defined project milestones and Consequent Revenue improvements outcomes.
Mandatory Requirements (Without which companies will be disqualified)
Interested firms are required to submit all documents prepared in English Language with the following requirements which shall be used as criteria for qualification:
Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Certified true copies of Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Evidence of payment of tax for the last three (3) years as at when due (such evidence should reflect the value of the projects undertaken by the Company in the last three (3) years).
- Certificate of Compliance issued by the National Pension Commission as evidence of fulfilling employer's obligation to employees with respect to pensions.
- Evidence of payment of training contributions to ITF (Industrial Training Fund).
- Evidence of registration with Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission as a Meter Asset Provider (Certificate of No-Objection).
- Evidence of registration with National Electricity Management Services Agency.
- Audited Accounts for the last three years (2018, 2019, 2020).
- Company balance sheet
- Company profile showing nature of business, plants and equipment, personnel, product profiles, Project Management System, Health and Safety Policy.
- Evidence of metering projects executed in the last 3 years, within Nigeria (2018, 2019, 2020).
- Reference letter from not less than three clients.
- A detailed Financing framework for Meter supply and Installations in identified areas including repayment framework and structure.
Application Closing Date
4:00pm Monday, 28th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Expression of Interest accompanied by the required relevant documents should be forwarded in sealed envelope marked at the top left corner and boldly written "EoI in respect of Vendor Financing of Meter Supply and Installation and addressed to:
The Head Procurement Department,
Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC,
62 Okpara Avenue,
- Only shortlisted firms will be contacted.
- EOI submitted after the deadline shall be rejected.
- EEDC reserves the right to verify any claim by the Vendor. Vendors should therefore include in their submissions, necessary authority and guarantee for such verification.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of EEDC to prequalify any applicant.
- The company reserves the right to reject any or all the responses to this request for Expression of Interest.