The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) invites interested / qualified consultants to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) was established by the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund Law of 2016 to provide financial support to residents of Lagos State. Its primary mandate is to prepare Lagos State residents for entrepreneurship and employment opportunities through the acquisition of skills to get better jobs, tackle unemployment, and enable wealth creation.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Engagement of Consultant to Perform an Audit of LSETF Compliance to the National Data Protection Regulations (NDPR)
Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (“LSETF” or “the Fund”) was established by the Lagos State Employment Fund Law of 2016 to provide financial support to residents of Lagos State. Its primary mandate is to prepare Lagos State residents for entrepreneurship and employment opportunities through acquisition of skills to get better jobs, tackle unemployment and enable wealth creation. As a result of the nature of its functions and activities, LSETF collects and processes large volume of personal data from its employees, Partners, loan beneficiaries and other third parties.
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is statutorily mandated by the NITDA Act of 2007 to develop regulations for electronic governance and monitoring of the use of information technology and electronic data. Conscious of the concerns around privacy and protection of Personal Data and the grave consequences of leaving Personal Data processing unregulated, NITDA has issued the Nigeria Data Protection Regulations (NDPR). This Regulation applies to all transactions intended for the processing of personal data and to actual processing of personal data notwithstanding the means by which the data processing is being conducted or intended to be conducted and in respect of natural persons in Nigeria; The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) falls into this category.
Scope of Work
The services provided by the Consultant will be structured in the following ways:
- Task 1: Data Protection Audit Service - Perform comprehensive review of the business processes and information systems and identify personal data assets within the organization.
- Task 2: Data Protection Implementation Support Service - Based on our audit findings, they will develop an NDPR Compliance Action Plan, which will highlight remedial actions and process improvements that need to be taken to bring LSETF in line with NDPR standards.
- Task 3: Conduct Training - will provide participants with an understanding of the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation and how to improve compliance within our Organization and the training of a Data Protection Officer as required by the regulation.
- Task 4: Data Protection Reporting and Filing Service - Upon successful conduct of the implementation of the remediation plan, they will process the audit report and forward to the regulator - NITDA, for issuance of compliance certificate.
The objectives of the regulation are as follows:
- To safeguard the rights of natural persons to data privacy;
- To foster safe conduct for transactions involving the exchange of Personal Data
- To prevent manipulation of Personal Data
- To ensure that Nigerian businesses remain competitive in international trade through the safeguards afforded by a sound data protection regulation.
The Fund is aware of the compliance obligations in the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 (NDPR) and wishes to appoint a Data Protection Compliance Organization (DPCO) to assist in the compliance process.
Key Competencies and Expertise Required
The firm must demonstrate Data Protection Compliance Organization (DPCO). Related experience shall include the following:
- Minimum of 3 years providing any relevant/similar services.
- Thorough knowledge and prior experience of the regulation,
- Possess adequate personnel and facilities necessary for the activities required,
- Provide list of verifiable references.
Requirements for Experience and Qualifications of Consultants
- Cognate business / consultancy field experience - Tax/Compliance Auditors.
- Relevant certification and degree
- Fluency in English and another local language is required.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Word, and Excel.
- Submit a profile of all the Project Team in the firm for our screening;
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested contractors/companies should Click Here
to submit RFP documents.
N/B: Please submit your Proposal titled "Consultancy Service to Perform an Audit of Compliance to the National Data Protection Regulations (NDPR) for the LSETF".
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.