The Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited (NPDC) invites reputable and competent companies to submit tender documents for the following works:
The Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) Limited is a fully-owned subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) established in 1988. The company is engaged in Oil & Gas Exploration and Production activities in the hydrocarbon-rich Niger Delta regions.
Apart from technical and operational management of the parent corporation’s equity interests in numerous joint-venture partnerships under Nigeria’s marginal fields programme, NPDC is also an independent operator of its own assigned oil blocks both onshore and offshore.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Provision of 2000HP Heavy Duty Land Rig Services for NPDC Drilling Campaign
The Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited has a requirement for the Provision of 2000HP (Heavy Duty) Land Rig Services for NPDC Drilling Campaign. NPDC therefore invites reputable and competent companies for the provision of the services for her production operations.
Scope of Work
The proposed scope(s) covers as listed but not limited to the work items listed below:
||Scope of Work (include but not limited to the understated)
||Provision of 2000HP (Heavy Duty) Land Drilling Rig Services for NPDC Drilling Campaign.
Product Code Number: 3.04.01
|The scope of work comprises provision of, 2000HP (Heavy Duty) Land Drilling Rig Services for NPDC Drilling Campaign, support services for drilling & completion operations and well testing.
The minimum technical requirements and specifications for the rig shall be as follows:
- Depth rating of 20,000ft with 5” Drill Pipe.
- Draw works capacity (Maximum input Power) of 2000HP plus SCR/VFD.
- Rig must be able to skid (cluster wells)
- Three (3) triplex mud pumps of 1600hp each.
- Hook load capacity of plus 1,300,000lbs
- Accommodation for One Hundred and Twenty (120) Persons minimum.
- Varco TDS-3 Top Drive or equivalent (Minimum continuous output torque of 40,000ft-lbs)
- Well control equipment rated to 10,000psi working pressure.
- Equipped, managed and operated to NPDC's/DPR standards for Health, Safety and Environment.
- Rig must be capable of handling and containment of pseudo oil base mud (A minimum of 3,000bbls of liquid mud storage).
- Compliance with DPR 1997 zero discharge for hazardous waste as per Environmental Guidelines and Standards and ISO 14001 standards.
- Rig must be CFC-free compliant (CFC and Halons are not acceptable; recommended refrigerants are R134a, R407A and R407C).
- Contractor must be registered with the IADC.
- Rigs older than Ten (10) years must have proof of having undergone recent life enhancement upgrades.
- The rig must be currently in Nigeria, working or stacked.
The strategy is to engage the services of competent contractor for the Provision of 2000HP (Heavy Duty) Land Rig Services for NPDC Drilling Campaign on a call-off basis. Following this advertisement, companies will be evaluated and ranked based on their performance. Contract shall be awarded to the lowest evaluated responsive/most technically competent bidder (s). NPDC shall retain selected companies to provide the required service during the contract duration.
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested Companies are required to be pre-qualified in the relevant categories Product/Services categories in the NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database indicated above. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in the category will receive Invitation to Tender (ITT) document for the Technical phase of the tender.
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the products/services category you are listed for: Open http://vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details. Click on products/services status tab to view your status and product codes.
- If you are not listed in a Product/Service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at No. 8 Bayo Kuku Road, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com click on services tab followed by NJQS.
- To be eligible, all tenderers’ must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
Nigerian Content Development
As requested by the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010, each Contractor will be required to:
- Demonstrate that the entity proposed for execution of the service is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria.
- International or multinational companies working through a Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that a minimum of 50% of equipment to be deployed for execution of the work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and including those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Furnish details of company ownership and shareholding structure with photocopies of Forms CAC2 and CAC7.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Plan with detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all the Nigerian companies and personnel that will be involved in executing the work also provide details of Nigeria Content focal point or manager
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well equipped offices and workshop.
- Provide detailed plan for staff training and development.
- Provide detailed description of the location of in-country offices.
Interested Companies are to note that pursuant to NPDC (NNPC) and Federal Government Policy to provide opportunities for Nigerian contractors and the development of local expertise, all the applicants must comply fully with the NOGICD Act to give preference to Nigerian companies or foreign companies with Nigerian affiliate and local ownership, which demonstrate willingness to execute the project to the satisfaction of the Nigerian Content requirements and guidelines. Each applicant is enjoined to avail themselves of the requirements of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act for full compliance.
Nigerian Petroleum Development Company on behalf of the Joint Venture partners is committed to fully comply with the requirements of the NOGICD Act. In maximizing the local content of this project, pre-qualifiers are requested to give full details of their strategy for the local content implementation in order to comply fully with the law.
In compliance with NOGICD Act requirements for Research & Development therefore, the following should be noted:
- All Operators or project promoters in the Oil and Gas industry launching service contracts or other applicable projects with completion period of 12 months and above shall provide R&D implementation arrangement with at least one applicable R&D cluster approved by the Board as part of the Operator’s Nigerian Content Plan for the project or service. The arrangement shall be in the form of a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and indicate how the Operator will deploy the Cluster for any R&D requirements during the contract phase and the first five years of the service life of the field, facility or plant.
- All Operators are to include in their ITT documents, a requirement that any service company bidding for such a project shall submit as part of Nigerian Content requirement, a signed MOA between it and one of the R&D Clusters relevant to the project. All service companies are required to sign an MOA with any of the research Clusters. The MOA shall indicate how the service company intends to use the relevant research Clusters during project execution to the satisfaction of the Board. The MOA shall form part of the documents to be reviewed at technical evaluation stage.
Only Tenderers who are registered with NJQS Product/Category Services code indicated 3.04.01 Drilling Rigs and Production/Drilling Services as at 15:00 hours on Friday, March 11, 2022, being the advert closing date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification and responding to this Tender Opportunity shall be to the Contractor’s own account.
- This Advert shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of OPERATOR to award any contract to any Contractor and or associated contractors, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle Pre-qualified Contractors to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from OPERATOR and/or any of its partners by virtue of such Contractors having been pre-qualified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be undertaken in accordance with the NNPC contracting process in compliance with Public Procurement Act 2007
- NPDC will communicate only with authorised officers of the qualifying Companies at each stage of the Tender process, as necessary, and will NOT communicate through individuals or appointed Agents.
- Please note:
- Notwithstanding the pre-qualification in NipeX NJQS, NPDC is neither committed nor obliged to include your company on any bid list or to award any form of contract to your company and/or associated companies, subcontractors or agents.
- Only pre-qualified companies in the appropriate service/supplier categorization shall be invited for tendering.
- NPDC will not enter into correspondence with any company or individual on why a company was short-listed or not short-listed.
This advertisement of “Tender Opportunity” shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NPDC/NNPC, nor shall it entitle companies to make claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NPDC/NNPC and/or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having responded to this advertisement.