The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites interested and capable vendors to express interest by submitting RFQ documents for the following works:
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 170 countries.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) - Supply, Assemblage and Installation of Furniture for Police Quaters at Ngarannam, Maga LGA, Borno State
The settlement analysis of Mafa town reveals the difficult situation the large proportion of IDPs are facing with living in the camp, practically limitations with access to the market, inability to sustain themselves regarding economic activities, inability to access land for productive purposes, and limited options in fulfillment of their energy requirements (largely for cooking). The REACH Initiative assessment shows that over 85% of the IDP community in formal camps expressed intention to move out of the camp, should the security situation improve.
Security has also been expressed by the community members during the UNDP rapid assessment as condition for return, in addition to means of producing food and feed the family, provision of better shelters, and expanded options for getting income. Community resilience of IDPs has been shown as being slightly lower for when life is spent in an IDP camp than when spent at the community level 1. Resettlement at Ngarannam therefore for previously displaced community members could greatly influence their community resilience. The Regional Stabilization Facility (RSF) programme is keying into building this community back including all infrastructures.
The planning of the Ngarannam Housing Projects includes all the public service buildings needed to provide public service to the community. In addition to 500 residential units, the project contains school, health clinic, police outpost, market shops and community gathering area. The site leveling and site mapping survey have all been completed and the construction commenced August 2021.
Scope of Work
The scope of work consists of supply, assemblage, and installation furniture for Police Quarters (8 no. of 2-bedroom units) at Ngarannam Project as detailed in the BoQ. The vendor is expected to carry out the following activities in line with the furniture supplied:
- Samples and or intended furniture supplies based on specifications in BoQ with pictorial sampleguide MUST be discussed and agreed with UNDP Engineer before supply to site.
- Supplying and conveyance of supplied materials to site, UNDP will reject any item which has any defects due to materials, workmanship, or transport.
- The use of PPE, safety caution tapes and symbols are mandatory. Hence, health and safety of personnel should be of high priority. Safety first!
- The contractor is responsible for the safe transport and delivery of the materials and items.
- The use of appropriate tools, equipment and personnel/expert for transportation, conveyance within Ngarannam, assemblage & cleaning in the Health Clinic.
- All works shall follow a sequence and employ methods that will have the least negative impact on the built environment of the Police Outpost and School nor the natural environment, public and private property, pedestrian, and vehicular traffic.
- Be available for joint inspection with UNDP Technical team for certification.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience (Supply of Goods (Furniture).
- Evidence of Minimum 3 contracts of similar value, nature and complexity implemented over the last 5 years with one (1) of PO exceeding NGN10,000,000.
- Minimum Average Annual Turnover of NGN 7,000,000 in any single year in the last 3 years (2019 onwards).
- Statement of Satisfactory Performance/Completion Certificate from two (2) client in terms of Contract Value for similar assignments over the last 5 years.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2022.
Please use the below temporary access credential in case you are not registered on UNDP e-tender:
- Username: event.guest
- Password: why2change
- Event number: RFQ22-07
- Business Code: NGA10