The Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science) (FSMLT) invites interested and reputable Contractors with relevant experiences and good track records to express interest by tendering EOI and sealed bidding documents for the following works:
The Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science), Jos was established by the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Health in 1954 at Lagos to provide the much needed middle level manpower requirements in the health sector of Nigerian economy.
The School went through metamorphosis. In 1958, the school was officially operational primarily to train Medical Laboratory Technicians at Lagos Pathology Department building and Federal Laboratory Service, Yaba and subsequently upgraded to run a four-year programme for the training of Medical Laboratory Technologists (Scientists) leading to the award of Associate Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology (AIMLT).
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Financial and Technical Bids & Expression of Interest (EOI) for Year 2022
The Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science), Jos intends to undertake the procurement of various goods and services under the 2022 Capital Budgets. In compliance with the Public Procurement Act, 2007, the School invites interested and reputable Contractors with relevant experiences and good track records to submit documents necessary for consideration for the execution of projects under the 2022 Capital Budget.
Scope of Work
Category A: Work / Supply:
||Provision Of 1 No. 1000-Seater Ultra Modern Multipurpose Auditorium/Equipping Of Lecture Halls
||Modern (Updating Classrooms With Virtual Technology
||Equipping (Updating) Of General Medical Multi-Purpose Molecular Diagnostic/Research/Reference Centre, Reagents/Chemicals
||Partial Completion Of New Administrative Blocks To Serve As Offices For Nonacademic Staff (Administrative Offices) At Permanent Site, Lamingo, Jos
||Partial Completion Of New Administrative Blocks To Serve As Offices For Academic Staff At Permanent Site, Lamingo, Jos
||Provision Of Infrastructure/Rehabilitation Of Male And Female Students' Hostels At Permanent Site Lamingo And Dogon Karfe, Jos
||CCTV For Security Surveillance/Internet Services Update
Purchase Of Teaching/Learning Aid For Teaching, Research And Diagnostics Purposes
||Purchase Of Reagents/Chemicals/Fittings For Teaching, Research And Diagnostics Purposes
||Procurement Of Operational Utility Vehicle And Hilux For Teaching, Research And Diagnostics Purposes And School Buses For Students
Phase Completion/Road Mapping And Clearing For Provision Of Road Network For Nupkis Host Community Social Corporate Responsibility)
Interested and competent contractors, Suppliers and service providers/consultants wishing to carry out any of the projects above are required to submit the following documents, which will be subjected to verification and due diligence. Mandatory/Responsive Requirements: Failure to fulfill any of the under-listed requirements will render a bid, disqualified:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December 2021.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 31/12/2021 or valid certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science), Jos or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company's Profile with Curriculum Vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and photographs of the projects.
- Works: List of Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease;
- For Supply of Equipment: Letter of Authorization as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs);
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each partner);
- All documents for submission MUST be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper MUST bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the company/firm.
Category B: EOI - Consultancy Services:
The School hereby invites Consultants/Firms with relevant experience to indicate their interest in the following:
||Hiring Of External Auditors For 3 Years Federal School Of Medical Laboratory Technology, Jos
||Valuation Of Fixed And Movable Assets Of FSMLT For IPSAS Implementation
||Audit, Verification And Documentation Of Fixed And Movable Assets Of FSMLT For IPSAS Implementation
in addition to the requirements above:
- Lot LT 12 & 14: Evidence of Firm's Practice License issued by ICAN/ANAN or any related regulatory professional body:
- Lot LT 12 & 14: Evidence of Firm's current registration with the Office of the Auditor General for the Federation;
- Lot LT 12 & 14: Evidence of Firm's current registration with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria;
- Lot LT 13: Evidence of Firm's Practice License issued by ESVARBON or any other related regulatory professional body.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 21st March, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the Technical bids received will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 21 March, 2022 at the School's Lecture Hall (Permanent Site), while the Financial Bids will be kept un-opened. Please ensure that you sign the Bid submission Register in the Office of the Ag.HOD, Procurement, as the Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science) Jos will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongful submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested Companies/Firms are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) from the Accounts Department of the School on evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science) Jos Remita account in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria from 9am - 3pm working days. (Remita Payment procedures can be obtained from the Accounts Department of the School).
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the Technical and Financial bids with soft copy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid' or "Financial Bid". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with the name of the project and the lot number and addressed to:
The Provost / CEO,
Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science),
Jos - Plateau State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box at the Procurement Department on or before the above state closing date.
N/B: Late Bids will be returned un-opened.
Submission of EOI Documents
Expression of Interest (Eol) shall be in two (2) hard copies (Original & Copy) and one (1) soft copy for each LOT dearly marked, on or before 12:00 noon on Monday, 21" February, 2022 to the Office of the Ag.Head of Procurement of the School Opening of the Eols will take place immediately after the close of submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 21 February, 2022, at the School Lecture Hall at the Permanent Site, Lamingo, Jos, Plateau State.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the Bidders
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Works & Goods: Only pre-qualified bidders will be contacted at a later date for virtual Financial Bid Opening, while financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned to them un-opened.
- Services: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- The Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science), Jos is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.