The Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH) invites reputable contractors with relevant proven competence and experience to express interest by submitting pre-qualification and tender documents for the following works:
Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH) is the only academic center in Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara States and some parts of neighboring Niger and Benin Republics, meaning we bring special expertise and experience to our patients.
Applications are invited for:
Title: invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender for the Execution of Capital Projects for the 2022 Appropriation
The Federal Government of Nigeria has allocated Funds to the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, (UDUTH) Sokoto in the 2022 Appropriation Act for the execution of Capital Projects towards achieving its mandates.
The Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto therefore wishes to invite reputable contractors with relevant proven competence and experience to submit Technical and Financial documents for the execution of the following projects.
Scope of Work
||Supply, installation and Commissioning of Medical Equipment for Medical and Surgical Sub -Specialties in UDTH Sokoto (ENT and Radiology)
||Supply, installation and Commissioning of Medical Equipment for Medical and Surgical Sub Specialties in UDUTH Sokoto ( SCBU, Labour Room and Dialysis)
||Rehabilitation and Replacement of Breakers and Power Supply System Network
||Equipping and Furnishing of Trauma Centre
||Completion of Improvement of Water Supply System
||Furnishing, Equipping, Landscaping and Construction of Drainages for the Brachytherapy Area
||Designing, Construction and Equipping of Eye Centre
||Renovation, Equipping and Furnishing of Wards (Orthopedics, SOPD and Urology Wards)
||Construction and Furnishing of House Officers Quarters
Prospective bidders must possess the under-listed minimum requirements to be eligible to participate in this procurement:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7:
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020) valid till 31 December 2022 with Minimum Average Annual Turnover of N100 million.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December, 2022 or valid Certificate issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP);
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bidare true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021).
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications;
- Verifiable documentary evidence at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects:
- For Procurement and Installation of Medical Equipment, bidders must submit evidence of Manufacturer Authorization as required in line with Approved Policy for Procurement of Health and Medical Equipment/List of Manufacturers and Equipment for Tertiary Hospital;
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease;
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.) and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 7th March, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the submitted Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 7 March 2022 in the Board Room, Administrative Block, UDUTH, Sokoto.
Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Deputy Director Procurement, Administration Block, as the Usmanu Danfodiyo Teaching Hospital Sokoto will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Bid Documents
Interested and competent bidders are requested to collect Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the Office of the Deputy Director Procurement, Administration Block, Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto upon presentation of evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the UDUTH's remita account in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the Technical and Financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as Technical Bid' or "Financial Bid". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital,
No. 1 Garba Nadama Road,
Gawon Nama Area,
P. M. B. 2370,
The completed and sealed bid documents should contain the bidder's name on the reverse side of the envelope and be deposited in Tender Box in the Office of the Deputy Director Procurement, Administration Block, Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto between the hours of 8.00 am-4.00 pm Monday to Friday not later than the stated closing date
For further inquiries, please contact the Deputy Director Procurement on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency.
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post(Courier Services).
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- The Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.