ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) invites interested insurance companies to tender RFQ documents for the following works:
ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is an affiliate of ActionAid International, a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, ActionAid works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
At AAN we work within poor and excluded communities to promote respect for the human rights of all. Our work extends beyond the people in these communities to relevant authorities with a view to empowering the people to take necessary action to end poverty. Since 1999, AAN has focused on social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication using the Human Rights Based Approach. AAN functions on the premise that protecting and fulfilling the human rights of people living in poverty will contribute to the eradication of poverty and injustice in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ)
Purpose of this Call
ActionAid Nigeria has the Group Life Assurance policy in place in line with the Pension Reform Act 2014 but wish to invite interested insurance companies to bid for Group Life Assurance cover and participate on the policy for its staff, Volunteers, Interns and Consultants.
Availability and submission and a (1) each of the following documents alongside the expression of interest letter:
- Evidence of Certificate of incorporation with the Corporate Affairs commission.
- Evidence of company’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years - 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Evidence of Licence by National Insurance Commission
- Evidence of current PENCOM compliance certificate
- Company profile with Curriculum Vitae of Management staff.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund compliance certificate.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund compliance certificate.
- Copies of the company’s published annual report and account for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 and 2020)
- Copies of National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) approved letters of audited account for year 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Evidence of financial capability by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank.
- Evidence that the insurance company has managed/participated on Group life policy of other organisations (minimum of 2 reference letters)
- Evidence or list of claims paid in the previous years.
- Evidence of Interim Registration Report (IRR) on National database or certificate issued by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP)
- A copy of your company’s re-insurance treaty
- A sworn in affidavit that the information and documents submitted are true and correct.
- Must be a reputable insurance company transacting life assurance business and having good track record of prompt claim settlement
- Must have an office in Abuja
- This publication is for Life underwriters only.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested insurance companies are to submit a (1) copy each of all documents listed under the eligibility criteria and their expression of Interest (EOI) on the company’s letterhead paper bearing: the registration number (RC), contact address, telephone number and e-mail address. The documents should be enclosed in a sealed envelope and clearly mark “Group Life Bid". The reverse of the sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder.
Applications must be submitted:
ActionAid Nigeria office,
Plot 477, 41 Crescent,
Off Sa’adu Zungur Avenue,
Gwarinpa - (FCT) Abuja.
- EOI must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- EOI submitted after the deadline for submission will not be considered.
- This publication is for information only and not to be construed as a commitment or obligation on our part
- The date for bid opening will be announced on ActionAid Nigeria website https://nigeria.actionaid.org/jobs after the closing date of this RFQ. All necessary COVID-19 protocols shall be followed
- Our organisation will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any interested party(ies) in connection with any response to this invitation.
- Failure to adhere to instructions on submissions could invalidate your application.
- Please note that only shortlisted firms will be contacted.
SHEA and Safeguarding
ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) and responding robustly when these harms take place in line with our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.