Winrock International (WI) invites eligible / interested firms to tender RFP documents for the following works:
Winrock International (WI) is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Digital Financing Solution Innovation Challenge
Ref No: RFP-6954-22-008-PIF
WI is currently implementing the Feed the Future Nigeria Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services Activity (The Extension Activity) under USAID contract # 72062020C00001 – a five (5) year activity that aims to partner with small and medium enterprises and key market actors to pilot proven technologies, scale up successful ones, and promote the adoption of improved production practices as well as improved service delivery that will rapidly, effectively, and sustainably provide access to agro-inputs and service delivery, and disseminate extension messaging to at least two million smallholder farmers.
The Extension Activity’s effort is intended to complement and inform public sector extension and research services. In particular, the Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services Activity will facilitate a demand-driven Community of Practice (CoP) that will bring private sector, research institutions, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), State Ministries of Agriculture, associated government institutions, and donors together and serve as a platform for those system actors to share, disseminate learning, and develop partnerships that address shared barriers to growth in the agricultural sector.
The Activity invites eligible firms to submit proposals for the "digital finance solution innovation challenge". Under this innovation challenge, the Extension Activity is seeking partners (Digital financial institutions; firms registered under Financial Technology Association of Nigeria (FinTechNGR); private sector firms; For-Profit Organizations and other reputable firms) investing in catalytic businesses models to spur uptake and disseminate the MIPs as well as other business solutions and extension messaging to Small Holder Farmers (SHFs) through innovative approaches that focuses on financial solutions that will produce digital financial products that support savings and credit for last mile outreach and inclusion of previously marginalized potential clients, especially women and youth.
The main objective of the Extension Activity is to:
- Build the capacity of private extension service providers, by leveraging the power of MSMEs, to deliver extension and advisory services to value chain stakeholders, smallholder farmers (SHFs) to increase their production and productivity due to the increased availability and accessibility of private extension services providers. It targets to increase the availability of and accessibility to quality agricultural inputs/ services as well as pilot and scale up use of ICT-enabled extension services platforms to reach value chain stakeholders. It also aims to increase access to financial products and services.
- Strengthen linkages between agricultural research institutions, agro-allied companies, the public and private extension services providers, and agricultural value chain stakeholders.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
The Expression of interest must include the following information:
- Organization name and date organization was founded, and current registration status (complete CAC documents and Proof of valid tax compliance certificate from Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) or State Inland Revenue Service.
- Contact Information, including contact name, title, address, telephone, fax, e-mail, etc.
- DUNS Number
- Audited financial statement for the last one (1) or two (2) years
- Brief description of the organization and its activities.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm (WST), 15th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
All submissions in response to this Request for Proposal must be done electronically via email to: PIF@agextensionactivity.org
with the subject line: "RFP-6954-22-008-PIF – Digital Financing Solution Innovation Challenge"
Proposals must be submitted in two separate emails and labelled with the above subject line:
- Email 1 - Annex A - Technical Proposal form
- Email 2 - Financial proposal in Microsoft Excel.
- Winrock will not consider applications received after the submission deadline.
- Only successful candidates will be notified and there are no phone solicitations.
- The full RFP will be forwarded to those who express their interest via the above email address.**Please note:** Consortium proposals will not be accepted under this RFP
(Doc) for a full detailed description of the RFP.