South Saharan Social Development Organisation (SSDO) invites interested / reputable women-led and women-focused CSOs and co-operatives in the Southeast to express interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
South Saharan Social Development Organisation (SSDO) is a non-profit organization in Nigeria, with a primary focus of equipping women youth and children with the social, health, economic, educational and political skills needed to survive and compete favourably in a vastly changing and urbanizing sub-saharan Africa.
Applications are invited from PASSIONATE, DEPENDABLE, and SMART individuals as Community Volunteers on its Orphan and Vulnerable Children Program in Enugu State:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - Southeast Women Economic Empowerment Coalition
South Saharan Social Development Organization (SSDO) in partnership with development Research and Projects Centre (dRPC) is accepting expressions of interest from women-led and women-focused CSOs and co-operatives in the Southeast to form a coalition. The Partnership for Advancing Women in Economic Development (PAWED) project is accepting expressions of interest from women-led and women-focused CSOs and co-operatives in the Southeast to form a coalition.
This Coalition will be part of a 2-year pilot project - the Partnership for Advancing Women in Economic Development (PAWED). The PAWED project operates at national and state levels, and aims to advance WEE by strengthening the capacity of local women's collectives in advocacy.
Those selected to be part of the coalition will work together to conduct advocacy to state governments to improve access to funding and livelihood opportunities for economically active women.
- To strengthen the capacity of women’s economic collectives in Enugu state to be able to conduct high-impact evidence-informed advocacy to improve the livelihood of economically active women and girls in the state.
Those selected to be part of the coalition will work together to achieve this objective through the following activities:
- Capacity-building workshops and training for coalition members
- Advocacy to government and other relevant stakeholders
- Media events and policy dialogues on Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE)
- Other related activities
- Organizations and cooperatives that have successfully executed projects that are geared towards empowering women and engendering women development are encouraged to apply.
- Must be women-led, women-focused, based in Enugu state and duly registered with the government.
Particularly those with verifiable evidence of engaging women within any of the following institutions/groups:
- Women’s Cooperatives
- Community Society Organizations (CSOs) in Enugu State working on Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) Projects
To be eligible, co-operatives and organizations must also meet the following criteria:
- CSOs must be based in the South East.
- Must be women-led and women-focused.
- Must be duly registered with the Government
- Have a physical office location in southeast Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2022.
Submission of EOI
Interested and qualified persons should:
Note: All expressions of interest must be received on or before the Application closing date.