The American University of Nigeria (AUN) invites Young Business Owner(s) to indicate interest by submitting applications for the following works:
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was founded by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, GCON, in Yola, the capital of his home state of Adamawa, Northeast Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Call for Application - Business Innovation Bootcamp
- Are you a Young Business Owner, with a business based in Adamawa or Borno States and looking for an opportunity to enhance your business development skills? This is for you!
- Apply to participate in the Market Driven Youth Resilience Program (MDYRP) being organized by Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internazionale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- With MDYRP you stand an opportunity to participate in the Business Innovation Boot Camp where you will be trained on how to scale your business using 21st-century transferable skills tapping from online resources and receive funding to scale your business!
- To help us better review your application, kindly take note of the following important information.
About the MDYRP Innovation Bootcamp
The goal of the Market Driven Youth Resilience Project (MDRP) is to strengthen the economic resilience of 900 female and 900 male youths aged between 17-25 years old through self-employment and market-driven vocational and agricultural livelihoods development opportunities.
The MDYRP is designed to address the gaps that have been observed in the existing livelihood programs in the northeast for vulnerable and conflict-affected youths. It will address these through the following objectives that target vulnerable and conflict affect youths:
- Training to acquire income-earning vocational skills and start livelihood activities.
- Support to access technical and financial support to enable them to start and or expand their livelihoods activities.
- Support to acquire agro-allied entrepreneurial skills for animal husbandry.
- Support the use of sports as a vehicle to understand, develop and apply business skills
- Enhance the skills of youths owned business owners to scale up business development strategies.
Organized by the American University of Nigeria (AUN) in partnership with the GIZ government, the Business Innovation Boot camp will equip youth business owners with digital skills and entrepreneurship training on how to improve ongoing business through the use of online resources, financial skills and access to market to grow their business.
Are you a young, passionate and entrepreneurial youth within the ages of 17-25 years in Yola or Maiduguri? Apply today and stand the chance to receive technical support and seed funding to scale your business!
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Note: All applicants must be within the age of 17-25 years and within the following LGAs in Borno (Biu and Maiduguri) and Adamawa (Mubi, Garkida, Yola) ONLY.