The American University of Nigeria (AUN) invites interested / qualified training consultant(s) to express interest by tendering proposals for the following works:
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was founded by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, GCON, in Yola, the capital of his home state of Adamawa, Northeast Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Call for Proposal - Training on Basic Conflict Management & Facilitation of Peace Building Sessions for Youths
The goal of the Market-Driven Youth Resilience Program (MDYRP) is to strengthen the economic resilience of 900 female and 900 male youths aged between 17 – 25 years through self-employment and market-driven vocational and agricultural livelihoods development opportunities. It is the expectation of AUN that this should culminate in the political stabilization and economic development of North-East Nigeria.
One of the key objectives of the project is to “Support the use of sports as a vehicle to understand, develop and apply business skills”. To meet this objective, among several activities, selected beneficiaries will receive training on basic conflict management and carry out peacebuilding activities in their respective communities.
To this end, the project seeks a qualified training consultant, with wide knowledge on the use of sports for Conflict Management, Peace Building, Business Development and Financial Literacy to train Trainers who will in turn step down the training to Project Beneficiaries.
- BSc/MSc in Conflict Management
- Being a UNDP Conflict Management Trainer will be an added advantage
- Understand and be able to demonstrate the principles and use of sports for Conflict Management, Community Engagement, Peace Building, Business Development and Financial Literacy
- Must have experience in the use of sports for Conflict Management, Community Engagement, Peace Building, Business Development and Financial Literacy
- Can provide evidence of past experiences
- Excellent in training facilitation
- Has the ability to speak and write in English and Hausa fluently
- Has ability to write reports
Application Closing Date
5:00pm (GMT), 16th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested Consultants should submit a proposal with the following details:
- Proposal Summary
- Training Outline
- Training Methodology
- Work plan
- The training of trainers (ToT) will hold in Yola
- The target trainees are 20
- The mode of training shall be in English but the further explanation can be done in Hausa.
- The training period shall not be more than 5 working days
- Training Modules
- Draft report for AI to review and provide feedback
- Final training report.
For further enquiries, kindly reach out to Verse Shom. Project Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 08029103348