The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) invites qualified / interested Consultants to express interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is an International Financial Institution with Headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius).
Africa Re equally has one (1) Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), one Underwriting Representative Office in Kampala, Uganda and three (3) Subsidiaries (Africa Re South Africa Limited in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and Africa Re Underwriting Agency Limited in Dubai (The United Arab Emirates).
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Selection of Vendor for the Review of the Corporation Cloud Strategy
Africa Re has chosen cloud computing as an efficient instrument for deploying fast-to-market solutions for business-critical applications and workflows. It has also recognized the need to extend and adjust the cloud strategy according to the prevailing business context.
As a result, Africa Re wishes to leverage a well-thought-out cloud strategy process to prepare the enterprise for smart and deliberate decisions regarding cloud initiatives, and it is for this reason that the Corporation is soliciting proposals from qualified consultants to review the existing cloud adoption strategy and recommend model(s) that would more efficiently serve the Corporation's business interests.
Scope of Service
The consultant will be required to undertake the following assignment:
- Conduct both an as-is and to-be analysis to get a clear vision and understanding of the current and desired state.
- Capture the current business context and identify the gaps between the current capabilities and those required to fulfill the cloud-enablement of the business of the Corporation.
- Analyze, evaluate, and access the current cloud adoption system and helps to determine the areas that need to be improved.
- Evaluate the current technical debt that may have been caused by choosing limited solutions instead of better ones.
- Identify areas for changes and/or extensions to the current cloud strategy, taking into account the available resources and competencies, as well as the benefits that can be delivered by the changes and/or extensions.
At the end of the exercise, the consultant is expected to provide at least the following:
- The business value and benefits assessment, including measuring of the Total Cost Ownership (TCO), and quantify the pros and cons of the different cloud strategies/solutions proposed.
- Outline the financial returns (cost savings) and non-financial returns (operational risks) associated with each options proposed
- The reviewed cloud strategy must be risk aware. The firm should Identify the likely risks and potential issues that may be associated with the existing cloud programs and the options proposed and recommend mitigation strategies
- Identify any potential licensing difficulties/violations with third-party OEM products that will be hosted on the cloud platforms proposed, as well as mitigating strategies.
- Developing an action plan to handle the challenges and issues determined by the risk evaluation.
- The deliverables should include implementation plan, evaluation of the dependencies, along with the costs and benefits of different cloud strategies/solution proposed.
Evaluation Process and Selection Criteria
Responses to this RFP will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria:
- Understanding of the Corporation’s requirements
- Approach and methodology
- Implementation plan
- Team composition and tools to be used
- Firm’s financial stability
- Quality and clarity of proposal presentation
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Proposals should be submitted through the email at: email@example.com
with subject title "Cloud Strategy Review".
N/B: Any proposal received by Africa Re after the submission deadline shall be rejected.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the tender document.