The Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) invites interested, qualified External Auditor / firm(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit organisation on a mission to foster sustainable cities and communities
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for the Provision of External Audit Services for the Project for Improves WASH services
The Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) was established in 2016 as a private, non-profit making, non-partisan, non-governmental organization (NGO). The organization was established to enhance the quality of life including provision of quality water and hygiene services for individuals and communities in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.
In 2021, GHI signed a Fixed Agreement Award with USAID to implement a WASH program.The main purpose of the program is to reduce water borne diseases and associated socio-economic challenges through an integrated, participatory and innovative approach that focuses on improving reliable and inclusive access to WASH services in health centers, schools and unserved/underserved communities. The program is motivated by the existing deplorable conditions of poor access to WASH services and harsh environmental conditions precipitated by desertification and climate change across our target communities, i.e. the far northwest; Kebbi and Sokoto States.
Sequel to the above, we hereby write to request for a proposal from your firm for the provision of external audit services in line with the following.
Scope of Services Required
The GHI project requires the services of an External Auditor to carry out the annual audit of its Schedule of Expenditures (SOE) for the year ended December 31, 2021. Interested firms are invited to submit a written proposal and provide information indicating their professional capabilities and experience in providing these services in accordance with U.S. Government Auditing Standards issued by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (July 2007 revision) and the USAID Office of Inspector General Guidelines for Financial Audits Contracted by Foreign Recipients (Guidelines) dated February 2009 as amended.
The objective of this engagement is to conduct a financial audit of the USAID resources managed by GHI under program "Fixed Amount Award (FAA) No.72062021FA00006,entitled the Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services. The following specific objectives:
- Auditing of GHI Schedule of Expenditures for the year 2021 (Jan 1 - December 31,2021).
- Reporting to the Board an opinion on whether or not the financial statements fairly present GHI financial position and results of operations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and USAID financial regulations.
- Providing as part of the annual audit, advice and recommendations on GHI’s management and internal control procedures.
Types of Financial Statements Expected to be Reviewed
In the course of your duties, you are expected to review and verify the following:
- Income and expenditure statement
- Receipt and payments account
- General Ledger
- Bank reconciliation statements
- Any other accounts or information that may be required to discharge your responsibilities as external auditor
- You are to express an independent opinion on whether or not the financial statements fairly present GHI financial position and results of operations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- At the end of each assignment, you are required to prepare a management letter expressing your observations and other problems or issues of internal control highlighting best practices and methods of adoption.
An applicant should have at least 3 years experience in auditing donor funded projects with preference to USAID grants.
- USAID approved auditors will be an added advantage.
- Details of the firm’s partners and field staff to be involved in the exercise to be provided in their CV.
- Quality control assurance : This should be provided briefly in the proposal.
Reporting Deadlines and Duration:
- Your reporting deadlines shall be according to the agreed period.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2022.
Submission of Proposal Documents