The National Social Safety Net Coordinating Office (NASSCO) invites interested Consultancy Firms to indicate their interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
The National Social Safety Net Coordinating Office (NASSCO) was established in 2016 by the Government of Nigeria in partnership with the World Bank to strengthen social safety nets and social protection system in Nigeria as a core strategy to help end extreme poverty and to promote shared prosperity.
The core mandate of NASSCO therefore is to lay a strong foundation of rigorous and reliable evidence of poor and vulnerable households in Nigeria, by building a National Social Register (NSR), as well as coordinate, refine and integrate the social safety-net programs into social protection systems, while ensuring policy coherence.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) Consulting Services - Consultant Qualification Selection
Project ID: P151488
Credit No: 58310
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the National Social Safety Nets Project (NASSP). It intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payment under the contract for the Consultancy Services for Engagement of a Survey Firm to Conduct Midline Evaluation of the Livelihood Pilot.
The Firm selected for the Assignment will be expected to work with all relevant workstreams associated with implementing the National Social Safety Nets Program (NASSP). The expected duration for the Assignment is April to June 2022.
The National Social Safety Nets Coordinating Office (NASSCO) now invites Consultancy Firms to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services Interested parties are requested to submit Expressions of Interest (EOI) and any additional and appropriate supporting documentation.
The consulting firm should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Implementing household surveys in rural areas
- Using electronic data collection platform
- Conducting surveys in a randomized Control Trial setting
- Ability to form a technical team with the following compositions:
- Team Lead/Survey Coordinator - a Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Development Studies, or a related field; and at least 10 years of experience in survey management. Ora Bachelor's degree in the same areas with at least Fifteen (15) years of experience. The Survey Coordinator should preferably have completed a course on protecting human research participants.
- Supervisors x 6(1 per state) - Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Development Studies, or a related field: and at least Five (5) years of experience in Survey Supervision. Ora Bachelor's degree in the same areas with at least 8 years of experience.
- Enumerators - a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Development Studies, or a related field with at least three (3) years of experience.
- Questionnaire Programmer - highly qualified in designing questionnaires using software such as CSPro, Survey Solutions, and Survey CTO. e. Data Manager - a Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, or a related field, and very well versed with STATA. SPSS, Excel, and the survey platform used for data collection.
- Survey Team members must speak the language of the area they will be operating.
- Each Survey Team led by a Data Collection Supervisor must have at least one Female Enumerator.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon, 1st March, 2022
Submission of EOI Documents
- The firm shall be selected under the Consultant Qualification Selection (CQS) method as set out in World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers" dated July 2016, Revised November 2017, August 2018, and December 2020 available on www.worldbank.org.
- Interested firms may obtain further information at the address above during Office hours, i.e., 09:00 10 1700 hours.
for a detailed description of the EOI.