The Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) invites eligible consultants to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following services:
The Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) is the Lagos State Government agency created to coordinate transport planning, policies, and public transport infrastructure implementation in the Lagos Metropolitan Area, Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI)
Project Title: CNG 1053 - Lagos Strategic Transport Master Plan Project (LSTMPP) 1
Contract Title: Consultancy Service for Project Communication and Events
Contract No.: LASG/LAMATA/AFD/CS/IPC/QCBS/CC/01-19
The Lagos State Government through the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received financing from Agence Française de Développement ("AFD") for the Lagos Strategic Transport Master Plan Project (LSTMPP) T and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following service:Consultancy Service for Project Communication and Events (PCE).
The Service of the consultant shall consist of provision of technical assistance necessary for achieving the overall Information, Education and Communication (IEC) objectives of mobilizing the support and participation of key stakeholders and minimizing opposition, with regards to the proposed reform and development of the Lagos Metropolitan Transport System.
Objective of the Consultancy
The objective of this consultancy service is to enhance stakeholder ownership and participation in the implementation of the LSTMPP 1 through the execution of (Quality Bus Systems (QBS) projects and other LAMATA projects, programmes and initiatives.
Scope of Services
The key output of the consultancy services include preparation and implementation of a Project Communication Plan (PCP) as well as communication and visibility plan.
The consultant is expected to conduct all the following activities using AFD's communication and visibility requirements:
- Media Relations that will include development of "story matrix", setting up a news bureau, media think-tank and production of press releases, media briefings, one-on-one interviews, advertorials, feature stories, development of TV/Radio programmes for QBCs, television reports, and press tours, government relations, events management and public relations, production of project videos, development of contents for LAMATA's websites and social media handles and Stakeholder management.
The Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport authority (LAMATA) hereby invites eligible consultants to show their interest in delivering the Services described above.
- This Request for Expressions of Interest is open to: Consulting Firms and the service shall be procured through International Procurement Competition.
- The service is anticipated to start by July 2022 and run over a period of 42 months (end date-31 December, 2025).
Eligibility criteria to AFD financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the "Procurement Guidelines for AFD-Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries", available online on AFD's website: http://www.afd.fr
- Interested consultants may form an Association or Joint venture (JV), and relevant documents (agreement) duly signed by the participating firms must be included in the expression of interest. Alternatively, a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement in the event of a successful proposal shall be signed by all members and submitted with the Expression of Interest, together with a copy of the proposed Agreement
- Interested consultants must provide information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform this Service. For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted.
- Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
- The contracts size
- The nature of the Services: Project Communication and Events.
- The technical area and expertise Media Relations, Government & Public Relations, Event and Stakeholders Management.
- - The location: Lagos, Nigeria or cities with similar socio-economic characteristics with Lagos State.
- LAMATA will also take into account during the evaluation of the applications the following items:
- Availability of technically skilled and sufficient personnel
- Relevant experience in projects of similar nature and complexity
- Evidence of Similar experience in sub saharan African region.
- The services may be provided by combination of international and National firms in adequate and appropriate ratio
- Availability of Quality Management Systems Certification (ISO 9001:2015/14001) or equivalent
- Evidence of Membership with Related Professional Bodies
- In case of JV or Consortium:
- General introduction about the leading firm and its potential partners;
- Justification of consortium or JV in those both cases: complementary capacities and key technical fields of the consortium;
- List of relevant experiences and brief description of similar projects/assignments addressing requirements described above in terms of the scope of work;
- For each member of the consortium: registration details of the firms, Availability of Quality Management Systems Certification(s) or equivalent
- For JV, each member of consortium shall be jointly and severally be liable.
Application Closing Date
3:00pm, 16th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
One original and two copies of the EOI in a sealed envelope clearly marked "Expression of Interest for Consultancy Service for Project Communication and Events" must be delivered (in hard copy and soft copy in CD format) to the:
Head of Procurement,
Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA),
LAMATA Place, Km 15, Ikorodu Road,
Ketu-Ojota Cloverleaf Interchange,
Ketu - Lagos State.
- Among the submitted applications, LAMATA will shortlist a maximum of six (6)applicants, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent.
- An AFD's standard form of Statement of Integrity, Eligibility and Social and Environmental Responsibility, duly signed by the Firm/JV, must be provided with the application. A copy is attached or could be downloaded from the AFD website (https://www.afd.fr.) or through this link: https://bit.ly/347wmhj The consultant may request a hard or soft copy from LAMATA.
- Emails should be in PDF.