The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites experienced and interested media companies both at local and national levels working i Migration and human trafficking to express interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a United Nations agency that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Translation of Radio Script, Production and Airing - Abroad Matter Radio Program(sequel)
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) has been working with the Federal Government of Nigeria on migration management in the country since 2001. Through its Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) Program, IOM aims to help stranded migrants who wish to voluntarily return home safely and supports the most vulnerable to get back on their feet. In 2002, IOM signed a cooperation agreement with the government of Nigeria and launched the country mission. Ever since then, IOM has continued to assist stranded migrants in host countries to return voluntarily to their home countries through the AVRR programs.
Building on existing projects, IOM seeks to improve access to trusted information sources and promote informed decision making by sensitizing potential migrants on regular migration options, vulnerabilities to TiP and risks associated with irregular migration. In addition, the project seeks to build institutional capacities and implement community-based actions in high-risk states of irregular migration such as Lagos, Edo, and Delta. In collaboration with the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), the intervention aims to build the capacity of state and non-state actors to exercise evidence based planning and monitoring of behavioural change communication to prevent TiP and Smuggling of Migrants (SoM).
Secondly, through community-based actions (peer education, community dialogue, and art-based competitions) and capacity building trainings, the project aims to enable returnees, community members, government, and non-government actors to take action to prevent exploitation and promote informed decision making on safe and regular migration pathways.
Using information campaigns, outreach and media reports, IOM seeks to equip vulnerable migrants with reliable information they need to migrate safely and access assistance when necessary. IOM also aims to address the root causes of vulnerability to Trafficking in Person (TIP) and Smuggling of migrants through awareness raising and development of media messaging content and programming as well as engagement at the individual, household, community, and structural levels.
To this end, IOM seeks to engage the services of a radio producer and program translator to translate a 13 episodes’ Abroad Mata radio program developed in pidgin into Yoruba, languages. This radio program will be aired in south western states of Nigeria with substantial risk of irregular migration, with a focus on prevention and reporting of TIPP, protection of Victims of Trafficking (VOTs) and highlighting the dangers of irregular migration. Additionally, this service will ensure that potential migrants and their communities are informed about trusted sources of reliable information available to potential migrants in their home communities such as Migrant Resource Centres (MRCs).
Expected Deliverables and Timeline
- Submit work plan demonstrating how the said activity will be achieved in an appropriate manner. This should be submitted within five days of signing the contract and its finalization will involve integration of feedback from IOM.
- Translate and produce a sequel 13 episode script – season 3 of the Abroad Mata program in Yoruba language including Yoruba characterization of the radio drama cast.
- Facilitate a script review and pre- testing workshop of the draft radio script to partners, community members and media executives, fluent in Yoruba language for review and validation.
- Consolidation of inputs from stakeholders from review process, submit script review session report and a finalized draft script to be submitted in not more than two weeks upon completion of the script review process.
- Casting and Production of the drama script as a pre-recorded radio program in Yoruba language.
- Negotiate cost-effective package with two radio stations in Lagos (2), and Ogun states (2) respectively to ensure maximum reach with the radio stations and take responsibility for the airing of the program as well as monitoring. These radio stations should match, stations as submitted in the proposal, expect otherwise.
- In collaboration with IOM develop fliers and social media messages in accordance with IOM in House styling and guidelines that will be used to generate awareness in the commencement of the drama series.
- At the conclusion of all tasks, a final report incorporating audience reach both on social media and through the radio broadcast, feedback from listeners; even conducted a listenership survey and IOM project team as well as rushes of the program will be submitted to IOM.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The completed Expression of Interest (EoI) should be placed in a plain, sealed envelope and clearly marked: Expression of Interest - Service Provider for Service Provider- Development of Radio Script, Production and Airing - Abroad Matter Radio Program (Sequel) and delivered to IOM Nigeria, Lagos-sub office at:
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Nigeria,
1, Isaac John Street,
GRA Ikeja - Lagos State.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.