The Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital invites interested, competent and reputable companies to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital is a Federal Government Teaching Hospital located in Kano State, Nigeria. It was formerly known as Bayero University Teaching hospital. The current chief medical director is Abdurahaman Abba Shehe.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for the Construction, Furnishing and Equipping of Rehabilitation Centre (Occupational Therapy) and Neuro-Modulation Centre
in compliance with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano hereby invites interested, competent and reputable companies. The companies must have the relevant experience, requisite expertise as well as good track record for a timely delivery of such projects to tender for the construction, furnishing and equipping of an Occupational Therapy and Neuro-Modulation Centre (Rehabilitation Centre).
Scope of Projects
||Construction and Furnishing of Rehabilitation Centre (Occupational Therapy) and Neuro-Modulation Centre at AKTH
||Equipping of Rehabilitation Centre (Occupational Therapy) and Neuro-Modulation Centre at AKTH
Firms interested in bidding for any of the above Lots must possess the following eligibility criteria:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC1.1, CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021) valid till 31" December, 2022;.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31* December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31* December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N5Om and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022.
- Evidence of Registration on National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31 December, 2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Aminu Kano Teaching reau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021).
- Reference letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Lot R1: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease Agreement
- Lot R2: Letter of Authorization from the Original Equipment Manufacturers listed in the Approved Policy for Procurement of Health and Medical Equipment for Tertiary Hospitals in Nigeria;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM NO.), and email address. The Letterhead paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
Note: These documents are to be arranged in the order in which they are listed above.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 4 April, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the technical bids shall be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 4 April, 2022, at Board Room Main Administrative Block, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital while the financial bids will be kept un-opened.
Collection of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents from the office of Assistant Director Division, Administrative Annex Block, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital between the Hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm. Evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 (Ten thousand naira) only per Lot made through REMITA PLATFORM to AKTH at any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria must be presented before the collection of Tender documents.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the LOT desired, two (2) hard and soft copies each of the Technical and Financial Bids. Tender documents are to be enclosed in two separate envelopes, one to contain the Technical Bid and boldly marked "Technical Bid" on the top right corner and the other to contain the financial bid and boldly marked "Financial Bid" on the top right corner. The two envelopes are to be placed in one large envelope showing the lot number of the project for which the bid is submitted and addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital,
Furthermore, the envelopes are to be submitted in a tamper proof Tender Box in the office of Assistant Director Procurement Procurement Division, Administrative Annex Block, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital not later than the above closing date.
- Bidders are to ensure that they sign the Bid Submission Register at the point of submission and obtain a bid submission receipt, as AKTH will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
- Any bid received after the stated date and time shall be returned unopened.
- All submissions must be made in English Language.
- For further enquiry, please contact the Head of Procurement Department on this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bid must be in English Language and signed by an Official Authorised by the Bidder
- Prospective bidders for each Lot should note that enclosure of Technical and Financial bids in one and same envelope will result to exposure of the financial bid, and therefore shall be disqualified;
- Late submission shall be returned un-opened.
- Submissions that do not meet up with all the requirements specified above shall be dis-qualified.
- Evaluation of bids and documents shall be strictly based on the requirements specified above.
- This advertisement should not be construed as a commitment or obligation on the part of the AKTH, Kano to award these contracts
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti Corruption/ Transparency
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- The Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital is not obliged to award the contracts to the lowest cost bidder.
- Due diligence exercise shall be conducted to verify all the claims made by bidders;
- The Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
- For further enquiries/clarification on the advertisement, please contact the Head, Procurement Division.