Malaria Consortium invites reputable / interested writer(s) to express interest by submitting applications for the following works:
Malaria Consortium is one of the world's leading non-profit organizations dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases and child health in Africa and Southeast Asia.
With operational presence in 12 countries, Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organizations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programs and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Individual Consultant - Technical Writer
The objective is to provide support to Malaria Consortium as part of the bid team in the development and writing of high-quality project design materials and submission-ready proposal documents.
The purpose of the consultancy is:
- To lead the development and writing of project design materials, proposal documents and other complementary materials as needed according to the requirements and templates specified in donors’ solicitation guidelines and Malaria Consortium internal standards,
- To coordinate inputs and contributions from Malaria Consortium teams and partners. In addition, the consultant would be expected to advise Malaria Consortium proposal teams on donors’ strategic considerations and donors scoring and evaluation criteria.
- The successful candidate will be working closely with designated staff of Malaria Consortium and its partners.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with the Malaria Consortium Team to review, analyse and summaries the solicitation documents for requirements and priorities, including key deliverables to be submitted and key personnel positions to be recruited (if required).
- Draft an initial schedule outlining key activities and milestones for technical and cost proposals.
- Work with the proposal team and technical specialists to translate the technical strategy, technical solutions and programme design into clearly articulated, cohesive and compliant technical proposal documents. This includes reviewing, editing and improving the quality and responsiveness of technical materials, draft proposal version in line with solicitation documents, with the stewardship of the technical lead and other technical specialists.
- Facilitate technical design sessions and write technical documents, with the support and input of bid team, as needed. This could include technical approach, value for money, staffing plan, management plan and capacity statement/past performance.
- Work with partners and integrate their inputs into the design and writing process as necessary.
- Lead the writing of the technical narrative with support and input from technical staff and other contributors and other stakeholders as needed.
- Maintain close communication with designated staff of Malaria Consortium and its key partners to ensure expectations of deliverables are aligned and internal milestones are met. Flag any problems and delays in a timely manner.
Theory of Change and Logical Framework:
- Work with the bid development team to develop a Theory of Change and a logical framework for the programme; and coordinate inputs and contributions from key technical specialists assigned to the bid.
- Take the lead in preparing the activity workplan in line with the technical proposal.
- Work with partners and integrate their inputs into the activity workplan.
- Provide inputs into the cost proposal process, ensuring alignment between all documents.
Prepare the proposal documents for submission:
- Ensure all proposal requirements and priorities are adequately addressed.
- Make sure all technical proposal documents adhere to donor’s requirements as stipulated in the solicitation documents.
- Assemble all documents for final submission.
- The successful applicant will possess strong knowledge and understanding of solicitation compliance requirements and templates; appreciation of project design processes and tools.
- S/he will possess extensive knowledge, expertise and experience in multi-stakeholder project design, familiarity with various donors funding opportunities strategic considerations, and evaluation frameworks as well as guidelines and requirements, as well as cutting-edge skills in facilitation of proposal development process.
- S/he will have experience developing proposals or projects focusing on health in general. Knowledge of approaches related to social and behaviour change, health system strengthening, Infectious diseases, malaria, vector control would be a plus.
- Experience writing competitive and winning proposals to various institutional donors such as but not limited to, USAID, Global Fund, FCDO, World Bank is essential.
- Note that we will require you to have professional indemnity insurance.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2022.
Submission of Documents