The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites interested / eligible Contractors to express interest by submitting quotations for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is an intergovernmental organization established in 1951 and is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits both migrants and society.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) - Refurbishment of Dormitories, kitchen, Staff Quarters, Children Play Area and Clinic
Ref No.: 4200200818
Scope of Work
In the framework of the IOM Project in Lagos Nigeria, IOM invites interested eligible Contractors to submit Quotations for:
- General building maintenance which covers: Mechanical, Wash-hand point, Painting, Aluminum windows and net, furniture works, Wire fencing, Concrete and Tiling works, Electrical fittings, Roof repairs, & Handrail as can be seen on the attached BoQ
(PDF) for a detailed description of the BOQ.
Only Contractors that are determined eligible shall be considered for award. The Contractor shall fill up and submit the standard IOM Vendor Information Sheet (VIS) (Annex C) to establish the Contractor’s eligibility together with the Quotation. To qualify for award of the Contract, bidders shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria:
- Annual volume of construction work of at least 40,000USD
- Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least 2 works of a nature and complexity equivalent to the Works over the last 3 years, to comply with this requirement, cost of works cited should be at least equivalent to 100% of the estimated project cost and should be at least 70 percent complete;
- Proposals for the timely acquisition (own, lease, hire, etc.) of the essential equipment listed in the Qualification Information.
- A Construction Manager/ Foreman with five years’ experience in works of an equivalent nature and volume, including no less than three years as a manager; and
- Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, is no less than 50%.
Company Profile that will include the following:
- Valid Certificate of Registration (Certificate of Incorporation).
- Proof of Director’s and/or Senior staff registration with COREN or other equivalent professional body in the construction industry.
- Provide CV of proposed Project Manager/ Foreman showing qualifications and years of experience and previous projects supervised.
- Company Performance Statement. This should include complete information on past similar projects including, a description of projects' scope and magnitude; location of the projects; details of the bidder's role and activities during construction of the projects; supported by pictures of the site and contact information (names, telephone numbers, email addresses, etc.) for the owners of the projects.
- Previous experience with UN agencies, INGO’s and Government Agencies. Vendor to provide information on previous experience working with UN and/or INGO. Vendor should list agencies worked with, work done and contact information (names, telephone number, email address etc) Include proof of previous experience in the form of Certificates of Completion, Contracts, Purchase Orders etc.
- Proof of Financial capacity. Vendor to provide detailed copies of audited financial statements for the last three years as well as Latest Bank Statement issued within the month of the Bid showing a significant balance.
- History of Litigation and/or Bankruptcy. The vendor should provide a signed letter providing accurate information on any litigation or arbitration resulting from contracts completed or under execution or history of bankruptcy proceeding. A signed letter indicating no history of such litigation will suffice where applicable.
Application Closing Date
12:30 hours, 4th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Quotation must be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the Bid Reference number and Project name by hand delivery to tender Box at IOM Lagos Office at:
No. 1 Isaac John Street,
- IOM is not bound to take an immediate decision on the acceptability or unacceptability of Quotations at the time of their opening.
- All information given in writing to or verbally shared with the Contractor in connection with this General Instruction is to be treated as strictly confidential. The Contractor shall not share or invoke such information to any third party without the prior written approval of IOM. This obligation shall continue after the procurement process has been completed whether or not the Contractor is successful.
- IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any Quotation, and to cancel the procurement process and reject all quotations submitted, at any time prior to award of contract, with out thereby incurring any liability to the affected Contractor or Contractors or any obligation to inform the affected Contractor or Contractors of the ground for the IOM’s action.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.