Malaria Consortium invites interested registered Logistics Companies to express interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works
Malaria Consortium is one of the world's leading non-profit organizations dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organizations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. The organization works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps to relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
Malaria Consortium supports multiple projects in Nigeria with different projects starting and ending each year, as such our demand for supplies and services nationally and internationally varies year on year. The majority of Malaria Consortium supply and service needs are procured locally in our countries of operation where the right price and quality can be obtained. Internationally sourced products predominantly include pharmaceutical and medical items, with other small ad hoc needs on rare occasions (including vehicles).
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for Registered Logistics Companies for the Provision of Logistics and Haulage Services
Malaria Consortium is looking for registered Logistics Companies with a warehouse located within Port Harcourt and Onne area to support the reception of refrigerated containers, breakdown inbound deliveries into smaller consignments and distribution of antimalarial commodities.
Consequently, reputable firms interested in rendering such services to the Company are requested to send in their Expression of Interest (EOI) for this purpose.In line with the implementation of Programme activities, MC would engage the services of the company. Malaria Consortium will require haulage services in the following States; Anambra, Bauchi, Borno, FCT, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Kebbi, Kogi, Rivers, Nasarawa, Niger, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Yobe.
Key Activities for the Service Provider
Key activities include:
- In cooperation with Malaria Consortium’s Supply chain unit and the State Logistics Management Coordination unit, provide support for the long-haul distribution of commodities from allocated hubs to State Central Medical stores
- In cooperation with Malaria Consortium’s Supply chain unit and the State Logistics Management Coordination unit, provide support for the last mile distribution of commodities from allocated hubs to Local Government Medical stores
- Provide handling and warehousing services if required, at designated Malaria Consortium hubs
- Support the process of retrieving the data monitoring devices inside the reefers/cartons together with MC staff at the respective hubs.
- Support the process of inspecting inbound products and Quantity inspection check as per delivery notes/Waybills together with MC staff at the respective hubs.
- Provision of other logistics related services on behalf of Malaria Consortium
- Timely delivery of antimalarial commodities to support Programme implementation at the respective MC states as communicated by Malaria Consortium.
- Provision of adequate and compliant documentation to support the delivery of antimalarial commodities at designated Malaria Consortium Hubs
- Provision of inbound logistics services, stock handling, order preparation as per the shipment plan provided by Malaria Consortium.
- Commodities should be delivered at destination according to the required condition of transportation (Temperature control implemented when required)
Mandatory Requirements (Without which companies will be disqualified)
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Proof of tax remittance (Tax Clearance Certificate)
- Positive Reference letter from not less than three similar clients (INGOs, and public health institutions and MDAs in Nigeria).
- Demonstrate experience for handling and transporting medicines under GDP guidelines
- Detailed financial matrix for provision of service (rate cards for services)
- Detailed address of the proposed warehouse for unloading of the containers in Port Harcourt or Onne.
Application Closing Date
17:00pm, 8th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Applications for EOI accompanied by the relevant documents should also be forwarded in a sealed envelope marked at the top left corner and boldly written: "EOI in respect of Logistics and Haulage Services" and addressed to:
Country Office Manager,
Plot 33 Pope John Paul Crescent,
Off Gana Street,
Maitama - (FCT) Abuja.
- Only short-listed firms will be contacted
- The company reserves the right to reject any response to this request for EOI.
- Malaria Consortium is committed to fair and competitive procurement processes, and all expression of interests received will be considered confidential and will not be shared with other bidders.
- Any inappropriate action to influence the award including personal incentives to Malaria Consortium staff is prohibited.
- Any discounts or cost reductions must be included in the original quote to be considered.
(MS WORD) for a detailed description of the EOI.