Auchi Polytechnic invites qualified and registered contractors to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Auchi Polytechnic is one of the first four Polytechnics in Nigeria. It was founded in 1963, first, as a technical college and later in 1973 as a Polytechnic. The extent law establishing it assigns to the institution the task of producing well trained and highly skilled middle level manpower for the National economy in the areas of engineering technology, science environmental studies, Management studies and Art & Design. Auchi Polytechnic is one of the leading Polytechnics in the country, in one of the most vibrant and cosmopolitan towns in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender
Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo state hereby invites suitably qualified and registered contractors for pre-qualification and bids for the following jobs in line with the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
Scope of Work
- Lot IGR1: Printing of Digital Student Identity Card with a universal ID number accessible anywhere in the world, upon a data base (IGR)
- Lot IGR2: Printing of Answer Booklet (IGR)
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC 2 and CAC 7.
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last 3 years 2019, 2020 and 2021 valid till 31st December, 2022
- Evidence of Company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) compliance certificate valid till 31st December, 2022.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December, 2022 or valid certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any Officer of the relevant Committee of the Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State of the Bureau of Public Procurement's a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bids are true and correct in all particulars;
- That the company is not bankrupt in receivership or under liquidation or involved any litigation, which can potentially affect the company's ability to effectively discharge their responsibility if engaged,
- That none of the company's director has been convicted of financial fraud in any country.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last (3) years, 2019, 2020 and 2021;
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facilities for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company's profile with the Curriculum Vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates and Job Completion Certificates.
- For the Printing of Students Digital Identity Card with a universal ID number, a prospective bidder must show capability to execute this contract through physical demonstration and evidence of similar job done for at least three (3) Institution within and outside Nigeria.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (GSM No.) and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the companies at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Friday, 1st April, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the Technical Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12.00 noon, Friday ist April, 2022 at the Auchi Polytechnic Boardroom, Main Administrative Building, Auchi. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Head, Procurement Unit, Room 1, Ground floor, Main Administrative Building, Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State, as the Auchi Polytechnic will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested companies are to collect the Standard bidding Document (SBD) from the Office of Head, Procurement Unit, Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 paid into the Auchi Polytechnic Remita account in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid in two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" or "Financial Bid". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with (the name of the project) and addressed to:
The Rector. Auchi Polytechnic,
Main Administrative Building,
P.M.B. 13. Auchi,
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated tender box in the Office of the Head, Procurement Unit, Auchi Polytechnic, Main Administrative Building, Auchi not later than the above stated closing date.
For further enquiries, please contact the Head, Procurement Unit on email: email@example.com
or GSM 08032672196
- Bids must be in English language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder,
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency:
- Bids documents can also be collected in soft copies and bidders can submit through post (courier services)
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- Successful contractors will be required to present original copies of their pre-qualification documents before award.
- Nothing in this advertisement shall be considered to be a commitment on the part of Auchi Polytechnic, nor shall it entitled responding firms to seek any indemnity from Auchi Polytechnic by virtue of the contractors having responded to this advertisement.
- The Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time with liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.