The Kwara State University, Malete (KWASU) invites suitable interested investors / contractors to express interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
Kwara State University, also known as KWASU, is the 77th university to be registered by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC). It is the 95th university to be recognized in Nigeria.
The university was established by the administration of Dr. Bukola Saraki in 2009, and envisioned to be more than a typical university in Nigeria. It was designed to be a center for community service and entrepreneurship. In a country where the fundamental values of volunteerism and community involvement are yet to be fully embraced, The university recognises itself as a part of a community, and has the position of a Director for Community Development for the purpose of mobilizing the community, setting assessment strategies, and identifying the needs within the community so that lecturers can use their expertise to impact directly on the communities.
Applications are invited:
Title: Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) from Suitable Investors for Construction of KWASU Students Smart City Project
The Kwara State University in her drive to provide conducive atmosphere for her students and ensuring adequate security on campus, constituted a committee on the implementation and monitoring of students smart city project.
In view of this, Kwara State University is hereby inviting suitable investors for the construction of blocks of student hostels that are zoned into three (3) categories of 250, 500 and 1,000 bed spaces. In order to make the project investor-friendly, find below: criteria/obligations for both parties. (KWASU & INVESTORS).
Criteria / Obligations for Investors
- The Smart City Project is classified into three (3) . categories of 250, 500 and 1,000 bed spaces
- All designs are to be prepared by investors and must be eco-friendly and functional
- Investment shall be 100% shouldered by the investors
- Drawings and Bills of Quantities (BOQ) shall be reviewed and approved by KWASU Smart City Committee
- Project must be delivered within 1 - 2 months after site allocation and investors are to ensure quality service delivery
- The period of BoT is at maximum of 20 years
- Building should be designed for minimum of one-storey building and maximum of two-storey building
- Rate per bed space is fixed at N 120,000 at least for the first five (5) years
- Payment for accommodation by students on the University portal will be designed to allow direct accrual to investors upon payment
- 5% royalty on gross-revenue per annum is payable to the University by the investors
- Provision of security personnel, hostel porters and oil other relevant staff are sole responsibility of investors
- Adequate water and electricity supply, sewage disposal services are the responsibility of investors
- Bulk metering arrangement for electricity consumption is to be put in place by investors
- Tax, insurance and other charges are sole responsibility of investors.
Criteria / Obligations for KWASU
- Allocation of land to prospective investors
- Extension of electricity supply line to the Smart City.
- Opening of access roads to the Smart City.
- Appropriate policy to be put in place to ensure adequate occupancy of the facilities.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested investors are to submit their proposal and expression of interest to be addressed to:
Office of the Vice-Chancellor,
Kwara State University,
Malete - Kwara State.
Mobile Numbers: 08037068551 , 08037018858