Newcross Petroleum Limited invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to submit tender documents for the following works:
Newcross Petroleum Limited, a metamorphosis of Newcross Investments Limited, operator of the OML 152 Psc is a young and dynamic Nigerian Indigenous Oil & Gas Company. The Company is primarily focused in the upstream industry, harnessing exploration and production opportunities in the African continent with current emphasis on the Niger Delta Petroleum Province and the West African sub-region.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Provision of Surface Drilling Fluids and Engineering Services for Land Operations for OML 152 Drilling Campaign
NipeX Tender No.: 1000005315
Newcross Petroleum Limited, Operator of OML 152 hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bid list for the above contract. The proposed contract will commence from Q1 2023.
Scope of Work / Service Requirements
Vendor shall provide ancillary services to support Company's operations and in accordance with Company drilling programmes, the specifications contained in the contract and/or otherwise as directed by Company.
The provision of services and execution of the work - as summarized - shall be:
- By carrying out services in accordance with requirements of Contract on a planned and consistent basis.
- By the provision of Contractor's Personnel full time, to provide planned and unplanned services on an immediate basis
- By provision of Contractor's items full time, to provide planned and unplanned services on an immediate basis.
- By performing activities on or in connection with the well(s), utilizing Contractor's Items and/or Personnel on a Call-Out basis at various notice periods.
- By performing activities in connection with the drilling, completion, testing and suspending, Reentry existing wells or abandoning well operations utilizing Contractor's Items and/or Personnel at locations other than drilling rig. Immediately stopping drilling and notifying Company if formations are encountered which reasonably appear to be oil or gas bearing and/or of lithological importance. Immediately notifying Company if circulation is lost, impenetrable formation is encountered and, in the meantime, exerting every reasonable effort to overcome such difficulties according to Good Oilfield Practice.
- Immediately taking precautionary action at least in accordance with Company's Well Control Procedures if an unexpectedly high-pressure formation is encountered and notifying Company immediately.
Provision of Surface Drilling Fluids and Engineering Services for Land Operations:
- Drilling Fluids and Engineering services shall consist of tools, Chemicals and Engineering Services as required for operations in vertical, deviated, horizontal and HT/HP wells to be utilized on a periodic call out basis.
- The scope of work, shall include but will not be limited to the provision of the following:
- Contractor shall have capacity to provide all chemicals needed for the preparation of all types of Drilling Fluids/Chemicals (Mud) systems (i.e. Water based, Synthetic/Oil based, Emulsion based) and necessary additives.
- Contractor must have Mud Laboratory, Liquid Mud Plant and adequate Warehouse(s) all of which shall be resident in country.
- Contractor must also show capacity of having adequate stocks of adequate chemicals all year round.
- Contractor shall provide Mud Engineering Services in accordance and with good understanding of design, preparation and monitoring of the mud systems mentioned above.
- Contractor shall in addition show capacity of understanding other modern systems and participating in design development of mud systems to solving peculiar problems whenever necessary.
- To be eligible for this exercise, interested Tenderers are required to be pre-qualified and ‘live’ in the MUD ENGINEERING SERVICES category in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive a Technical Invitation to Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open http://vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category, but you are registered with NUPRC to do business, contact NipeX office at 8 Bayo Kuku Road, Ikoyi, Lagos. with your NUPRC certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access http://vendors.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
Nigerian Content Development
Tenderers shall be expected by the Nigerian Content Development Monitoring Board (NCDMB) to:
- Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian indigenous company having more than 51% Nigerian equity shareholding in the registered entity. Tenderer shall submit certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07
- Provide detailed description of the location of in country facilities (Equipment, storage, workshops, repair, maintenance and testing facilities)
- Provide evidence of Minimum 50% equity ownership of asset & equipment to be deployed for this workscope.
- Tenderers to provide evidence of category C NCEC for in-country ownership of the relevant equipment to execute s scope of work.
- In line with the NCD Human Capacity Development Initiative, Bidder shall commit to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
- Evidence of Registration on the NCDMB NOGIC JQS Portal.
Tenderers are to note that they will be requested during the technical tender to give full details of their relevant strategy to ensure that they fully comply with the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act, 2010 as non-compliance will constitute a FATAL FLAW in all tender evaluations. In line with the above, Tenderers will be required to ensure that information on the following, among others, is included in their technical submission:
- Provide a detailed and signed Nigerian Content Execution Plan describing how tenderer intends to comply with the Nigerian content requirements stating the roles, Scope of Work, and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and Personnel that would be involved in executing this work.
- The tenderer shall demonstrate that bidding entity is a Nigerian Indigenous Company with 51% and above equity shareholding as stated in in NOGICD Act 2010 for all onshore and swamp tenders by providing the following, 1. CAC registration Form (CO2 & CO7), 2. Evidence of registration with NCDMB NOGIC JQS.
- Tenderer shall demonstrate in country capability by providing Detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (such as assets, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop, assembly area, laboratory) in Nigeria. Evidence of registered office address in Nigeria with physical addresses not P.O. Box
- Tenderer shall provide evidence of 50% ownership of all equipment but not limited Liquid Mud Plant/Blending Plant, Mud Laboratory, and adequate Warehouse(s) all of which shall be resident in country, etc. that be deployed to execute this work scope by submitting purchase receipt, bill of laden etc. covering these equipment.
- In-line with NCEC guidelines (specific to tender), tenderer shall provide a valid category C Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) of all equipment that will be deployed for this service.
- Provide Corporate organizational and project/contract specific organogram with names and nationality of all personnel but not limited to Mud Engineer, Mud logger, Assistant Mud logger, Helper etc. and CVs of all personnel listed in the project organogram.
- In line with NCDMB Human Capacity Development (HCD) guidelines, provided a training Plan for Nigerians from the NCDMB data base to bridge the skills gap specific to the work scope and also evidence of MOA with OGTAN registered trainer to perform the classroom training.
- Tenderer shall submit a procurement plan on how it will give first consideration to all consumables that can be sourced in-country from Nigerian subcontractors but not limited to all chemicals needed for the preparation of all types of Drilling Fluids/Chemicals (Mud) systems (i.e. Water based, Synthetic/Oil based, Emulsion based) and necessary additives with evidence of MOA from whom such are procured from.
- Provide evidence of Registration on the NCDMB NOGIC JQS Portal.
Application Closing Date
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS in the Product/Service category Code 3.01.15 as at 1700hrs on 4th March 2022 being the advert closing date shall be invited to submit Technical and Commercial Bids.
- This advertisement of "Tender Opportunity" shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of Newcross Petroleum Ltd, nor shall it entitle Applicants to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from Newcross Petroleum Ltd and/or any of its Partners by virtue of such Applicants having responded to this Advert.
- Newcross Petroleum Ltd will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.