The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) invites eligible bidders / vendors to tender RFP documents for the following works:
The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) was established in response to the recommendation of the ECOWAS/UEMOA White Paper on access to energy services in rural and peri-urban areas issued in 2006. The specific objective of ECREEE is also to create favorable framework conditions for regional RE&EE markets by supporting activities directed to mitigate existing technology financial, economic, business, legal, policy, institutional, knowledge and capacity related barriers.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for the Provision of Clean Cookstoves to Communities in Eke Town in Enugu State and Ikene Town in Ogun State, Nigeria
ECREEE is implementing the West Africa Clean Cooking Program called WACCA with the support of the ECOWAS Commission and its partners. One of this year's activities is the WACCA Camp that provides training to entrepreneurs in this field to be able to improve their skill in the production technology and be more efficient.
As a prelude to this activity, ECREEE intend to provide 500 clean cookstoves each to Eke Town in Enugu State and Ikene Town in Ogun State in Nigeria with the support of the ECOWAS Commission and the Federal Ministry of Power and Steel of Nigeria. The stoves should be efficient and safe and can use charcoal as the primary fuel. Clean cookstoves that use both charcoal and firewood would be advantageous.
Objective(s) of the Assignment
The Overall objective is to provide 500 clean cookstoves each to Eke Town in Enugu State and Ikene Town in Ogun State (both in Nigeria) in order to introduce them to the technology.
The specific objectives are to:
- Promote clean cooking technologies in these communities
- Improve the health of households in these communities by reducing the respiratory risks due to the use of inefficient cookstoves
- Reduce pressure on forests in these communities by using improve cookstoves
- Improve the living conditions of women in these communities
Technical Specification of Cookstoves
- The stoves should be efficient and safe and can use charcoal as the primary fuel. Clean cookstoves that use both charcoal and firewood would be advantageous.
- Stove for household
- The stove should respect all the minimum requirements of Standard for Clean Cookstoves Part 1: Biomass Type (FDNIS 1000:2017) in term of Thermal Efficiency and fuel use, Indoor Emission, Safety Requirements, marking and packaging. the bidder must make sure to obtain the above-mentioned document from the Standard Regulatory Institutions of Nigeria.
- The cookstoves must be guaranteed for at least three (03) years after commissioning. The Contracting Company will be responsible for correcting faulty workmanship and/or manufacturing defects. A guarantee of 03 years is required from the service provider during which it will undertake all the necessary corrections on observation made.
Bidder's Qualifications, Capabilities and Experience/Reference
- General organizational capabilities that are likely to influence implementation: management structure, financial stability and project financing capabilities, project management controls, extent to which work would be outsourced:
- Profile of your company/Organization, as well as brochures and catalogs of the services/Goods offered by the company.
- Copy of the original of the following legal documents of the company: Trade register, tax identification number, statistical card, professional card, status, or any other equivalent document.
- A table containing a list of similar services during the last 5 years and the value of their contracts (Company name, Volume of contracts carried out, customer contacts with their names, email addresses and telephone numbers);
- The most recent financial statements (income statement and balance sheet), for the last 3 years (2019, 2020 and 2021) demonstrating the financial capacity of the service provider: A net average annual turnover at least equal to the bid price over the past 3 years.).
- Relevance of specialist knowledge and experience on similar commitments made in the region or country.
- Quality assurance procedures and risk mitigation measures.
- Organizational commitment to sustainability.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Noon, 22nd March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Proposals, both technical and financial, clearly indicating in the subject "Provision of Clean Cookstoves to Communities in Eke Town in Enugu State and Ikene Town in Ogun State, Nigeria" should be submitted by ONLY email to: email@example.com
- For additional information or request for clarification, please contact Mr. Ali DAPSHIMA Abubakar, ECREEE National Focal in Nigeria on: Dapshimaabubakar@gmail.com and Mr. Guci G F Kouhie on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not copy any of these two email addresses when submitting your proposals. Your application will be disqualified if you do so.
- Proposals should not be submitted on ZIP format or exceed 10MB (total attachment per email)
- Financial proposal should be submitted in United States Dollars
- Proposals submitted after the stated time and date will not be accepted.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.