The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites interested Contractors to tender sealed bid for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a United Nations agency that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Bid - One Year Long-Term Agreement for All-Inclusive Construction of Sanitation Facilities in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States of Nigeria
In the framework of The Emergency Response Program in North-east Nigeria, the IOM Bids Evaluation and Award Committee (“BEAC”) now invites interested Contractors to bid for the proposed One Year Long-Term Agreement for All-Inclusive Construction of Sanitation Facilities in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, Nigeria.
The successful Bidder will be expected to complete the Works by the Intended Completion Date agreed and approved in the final contract.
- This Invitation for Bids is open to all bidders from eligible source countries. Any materials, equipment, and services to be used in the performance of the Contract shall have their origin in eligible source countries.
- All bidders shall provide in Section 2, Forms of Bid and Qualification Information, a statement that the Bidder (including all members of a joint venture and subcontractors) is not associated, nor has been associated in the past, directly or indirectly, with the consultant or any other entity that has prepared the design, specifications, and other documents for the Project or being proposed as Project Manager for the Contract. A firm that has been engaged by IOM to provide consulting services for the preparation or supervision of the Works, and any of its affiliates, shall not be eligible to bid.
- Government-owned enterprises in the IOM Mission’s country may only participate if they are legally and financially autonomous, operate under commercial law, and are not a dependent agency of IOM.
- Bidders shall not be under a declaration of ineligibility for corrupt and fraudulent practices issued by IOM in accordance with sub-clause 37.1.
Qualification of the Bidder
- All bidders shall provide in Section 2, Forms of Bid and Qualification Information, and a preliminary description of the proposed work method and schedule.
- In the event that pre-qualification of potential bidders has been undertaken, only bids from pre-qualified bidders will be considered for award of Contract. These qualified bidders should submit with their bids any information updating their original pre-qualification applications or, alternatively, confirm in their bids that the originally submitted pre-qualification information remains essentially correct as of the date of bid submission. The update or confirmation should be provided in Section 2.
- If IOM has not undertaken pre-qualification of potential bidders, all bidders shall include the following information and documents with their bids in Section 2:
- Copies of original documents defining the constitution or legal status, place of registration, and principal place of business (Company profile including CAC and tax certificate); written power of attorney of the signatory of the Bid to commit the Bidder;
- Experience in works of a similar nature and size for each of the last three years, and details of work under way or contractually committed; and clients who may be contacted for further information on those contracts;
- Major items of construction equipment proposed to carry out the Contract;
- Qualifications and experience of key site management and technical personnel proposed for the Contract;
- Bids submitted by a joint venture of two or more firms as partners shall comply with the following requirements (if joint venture is allowed):
- The Bid shall include all the information listed in Sub-Clause 4.3 above for each joint venture partner;
- The Bid shall be signed so as to be legally binding on all partners;
- All partners shall be jointly and severally liable for the execution of the Contract in accordance with the Contract terms;
- One of the partners will be nominated as being in charge, authorized to incur liabilities, and receive instructions for and on behalf of any and all partners of the joint venture; and
- The execution of the entire Contract, including payment, shall be done exclusively with the partner in charge.
- To qualify for award of the Contract, bidders shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria:
- Detailed description of work schedule for both 400m and 100m (Gantt chart).
- Experience as prime contractor of at least three (3) works of a nature and complexity equivalent to the Works over the last 3 years.
- Proposals for the timely acquisition (own, lease, hire, etc.) of the essential equipment listed in the Qualification Information.
Application Closing Documents
5:30pm, 17th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The Bidder shall seal the original and all copies of the Bid in two inner envelopes and one outer envelope, duly marking the inner envelopes as "Original" and "Copies". The inner and outer envelopes should be clearly marked with the name and identification number of the ITB "One Year Long-Term Agreement for All-Inclusive Construction of Sanitation Facilities in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, Nigeria (ITB-NG30-22-0129); and provide a warning not to open before the specified time and date for Bid opening addressed and delivered to:
Bids Evaluation and Award Committee (BEAC),
No. 5 Gambole Road,
Off Giwa Barracks,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- Bids shall be valid for a period of thirteen (13) months after submission of Bids.
- Late bids shall be rejected.
- IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any bids, and to cancel the procurement process and reject all bids at any time prior to award of Contract, without obligation to inform the affected Bidder/s of the ground for IOM action.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the ITB.
Related Document: BOQ