The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) invites qualified service providers to tender RFP documents for the following works:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for the Establishment of a Frame Agreement for the Provision of Unarmed Security Services for UNHCR Nigeria Offices
Reference No: RFP/NIG/ABJ/SUP/01/2022
The Representation Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), in Nigeria Abuja, invites qualified service providers to make a firm offer for the establishment of Frame Agreement(s) for the provision of unarmed security services (referred to hereinafter as services).
The security service provider(s) selected shall therefore, provide the required number of trained supervisors and security guards/ operatives to UNHCR for the provision of security services in:
- Abuja - FCT.
- Ikoyi in Lagos State (South-West region).
- Maiduguri in Borno State, Yola in Adamawa State and Takum in Taraba State (North-East region).
- Ogoja and Calabar in Cross River State (South-South region).
- Adikpo in Benue State (North-Central region).
- Other locations as required.
N/B: Your bid requirements shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Private Guards Companies Act, 1986 and Private Guards Companies Regulations, 2018 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
UNHCR expects that individual guard gains from on-the-job trainings yearly. All supervisors and security guards should be regularly trained for the various tasks they are carrying out. The security service provider(s) will be expected to submit to UNHCR Field Security Unit, training schedule for the supervisors and guards at the beginning of every year. The training should cover:
- All environmental practices.
- Occupational health and safety policies
- The implementation of the work instructions.
- Emergency office evacuation procedure and fire safety.
- CCTV operations.
- Access Control.
- Surveillance detection.
- Walk Through, Baggage Scanner and Metal detector handling where applicable.
- First Aid and accident arrangements.
- Fire safety inclusive of fire extinguishers handling training.
- Regular equipment maintenance training.
- Report writing.
Eligibility Criteria - Mandatory
- Corporate affairs Commission CAC certificate of incorporation, year funded minimum three (3) years from submission deadline.
- Licenses and documentation necessary to operate as a private security company from the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC).
- Tax clearance Certificate for the last three years 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Vendor Registration Form: If your company is not already registered with UNHCR, you should complete, sign, and submit with your technical proposal the Vendor Registration Form (Annex D). If your company is already registered with UNHCR, please submit an empty Vendor Registration Form clearly indicating your UNHCR Vendor ID.
- Financial audited Statements: your company should submit financial statements of the last two years 2019 & 2020 signed, proving healthy financial standing of the company.
- Acknowledged copy of UNHCR General conditions of contract (Annex E)
- Acknowledged UN Supplier code of conduct (Annex F)
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Bids should be submitted by uploading all your document under the technical and financial category on the e-tender box site accessible via this link: http://etenderbox.unhcr.org
- All attachments should be in PDF format. (Copies of the PDF format documents may, as an addition, be included in excel or other formats etc., note also that the allowed extensions for files to upload are .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .rtf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg,.pdf, txt, zip.ppt, .pptx, .bmp, .rar, .gif, .tif and .tiff.
- Executable files (.exe, .bat, .cmd…etc.) should not be uploaded.
- The maximum size limit per file is 10MB.
- The system can handle multiple uploads.
- The Mandatory commercial eligibility criteria, Technical and Financial offers shall be clearly separated. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.