Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) invites interested and prequalified companies to submit tender documents for the following works:
Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with an average of 93,000 employees in more than 70 countries. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Provision of Metocean and Weather Forecasting Services
Tender Ref: CW537653
Nipex No: 00000217
NCDMB Certificate No.ES/NCDMB/SNEPCO-ADV/UPD/201021/DW Weather Forecasting & Metocean Services.
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo), Operator of NNPC/Shell/ TotalEnergies/Agip Joint Venture hereby announces to interested and prequalified companies, an upcoming tendering opportunity for the Provision of Metocean and Weather Forecasting Services for SNEPCo. The proposed contract will commence in Q2 2022 and remain active for two (2) years duration, with an option of a one (1) year extension option.
Scope of Work
The scope of work under the tender comprises the Provision of Metocean and Weather Forecasting Services for SNEPCO (COMPANY). Details of the scope include:
- Two (2) times per day (24/7) forecasts for all COMPANY specified locations with monthly forecast verification reports, squall warnings aviation dedicated forecasts (e.g. Local Area Forecasts) and Ad-Hoc forecasts for vessel, rig, tow out routes or other weather critical activity.
- Provision of Internet based access to all forecast products and Real time data available to COMPANY and make available for COMPANY own intranet.
- To perform scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance trips for each of the metocean stations and moorings operated by COMPANY to repair, service and calibrate the systems, and maintain a digital log of sensor/station details.
- Provision of quality controlled (QC) monthly data along with reports detailing quantity, quality and recommendations for improvements
- Provisions and upgrade of metocean stations and associated metocean equipment as defined by COMPANY needs.
- To perform specialist metocean/weather studies such as data comparison, criteria analysis as required by COMPANY
- Provision of onsite (onshore or offshore) weather forecasters for critical weather sensitive operations as defined by COMPANY needs.
- Perform maintenance and calibration of equipment to aid sensor accuracy and uptime.
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified as service vendor in Oceanographic Services (PRODUCT CODE 3.09.04) AND Meteorological Consultancy (PRODUCT CODE 3.02.18) categories in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers registered in both of these categories will receive Invitation to the Combined Technical and Commercial Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view product/service category you are listed for, open vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business in the Nigeria Oil & Gas Industry, contact NipeX office at No 8/10 Bayo Kuku Road, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com/download/ to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact Nipex office for further action.
- TENDERER must as per the latest monthly Vendor Categorization Report published by NCDMB under the Marine vessel Utilization Scheme Report, have an "AAA" OR "AA" class status under Service Company Categorization and ownership under category 2".
- Age of vessel should not be more than 10 years from manufactured year i.e. not older than 2011. 7. To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Tenderer shall provide evidence of company Ownership Structure form CO2 and Co7, registration on NOGIC JQS and DPR certificate.
- Detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (Administrative/Technical offices, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities, and testing facilities) in Nigeria to support this contract
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Tenderer shall provide evidence of 1,2,3 or 4 Consultancy and Studies Group (CS) NCEC and or Category C NCEC demonstrating ownership of equipment for Weather forecasting
- Tenderer shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing (via a letter of undertaking) to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s)
Application Closing Date
Only Tenderers with LIVE status who are registered in the Oceanographic Services (PRODUCT CODE 3.09.04) AND Meteorological Consultancy (PRODUCT CODE 3.02.18) categories as at 18/03/2022 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit combined Technical and Commercial bids.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification shall be to the contractor's accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SNEPCO to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SNEPCo and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- SNEPCo will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.