The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites interested / qualified architectural, engineering or building consultancy firm to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration is a United Nations agency that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading UN Migration agency in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal - Consultancy for the Activity Flow and Safety Audit at the Lagos MHAC Facility
RFP No.: 4200_MHAC Safety Audit and Activity Flow Analysis
The Migration Health Department of IOM Nigeria manages a Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC) for applicants referred by several embassies in Nigeria. We are in the process of reviewing the activity flow of our processes and how it relates to the existing facilities. The purpose is to improve the quality of medical services to the applicants and enhancing the safety of the staff and the applicants.
IOM Nigeria is to this end seeking for a consultancy firm that that would review the activity flow and how it relates to the existing facilities, together with an audit of safety features in the facility with a view of recommending improvement of the existing infrastructure to cater for any safety concerns. Thereafter, construction and renovation works will be undertaken to incorporate the consultant’s recommendations.
IOM Nigeria is seeking qualified architectural, engineering or building consultancy firm to conduct the Activity flow and safety analysis at our MHAC facility in Lagos. The firm will also develop an activity flow chart with recommendations on safety improvements needed for the facility.
Scope of the Work
Within this framework, the consultant company will focus primarily on:
- Reviewing how the facility Activity Flow relates to the current infrastructure and recommend how we can improve room relations for a smooth workflow,
- Evaluate safety features in the facility with a view of recommending improvements
The consulting firm will prepare a report with recommendations of improved room relations as per the Activity Flow and drawings and/or designs, Bills of Quantities of construction and renovations required to improve on safety in the existing infrastructure. All works should be carried out in line and full compliance with the necessary and latest National Building Code (BNBC) and/or international standards.
Application Closing Date
4:00pm, 2nd March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The Proposals must be delivered by hand to IOM with office address at:
No. 1 Isaac John Street,
- No late proposal shall be accepted.
- IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal and to annul the selection process and reject all Proposals at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to affected Service Providers/ Consulting Firms.
- IOM shall provide at no cost to the Service Provider/ Consulting Firm the necessary inputs and facilities and assist the Firm in obtaining licenses and permits needed to carry out the services and make available relevant project data and report.
- The Service Providers/ Consulting Firms costs of preparing the proposal and of negotiating the contract, including visit/s to the IOM, are not reimbursable as a direct cost of the assignment.
- Service Providers/ Consulting Firms shall not be hired for any assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other procuring entities, or that may place them in a position of not being able to carry out the assignment in the best interest of the IOM.
- IOM is not bound to accept any proposal and reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the Service Providers/ Consulting Firms.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.