The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) invites interested and eligible vendors to tender sealed bids for the following works:
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Bid for Shredders for UN Web Buy Plus
This tender is for the supply of dual shaft, low-speed, high torque, all-purpose shredders for multiple destinations worldwide.
UNOPS wishes to establish non-exclusive Long Term Agreements (LTAs) with more than one vendor and to display the selected units in electronic catalogues on UN Web Buy Plus (http://www.unwebbuyplus.org
) allowing UNOPS clients to order without further tendering.
Quantities are undefined. UNOPS will not be committed to purchase any minimum quantity, and purchases will be made only if and when there is an actual requirement.
Scope of Work
Item 1.i: Dual shaft, low-speed, high torque, all-purpose shredder - Small - 50Hz
Item 1.ii: Dual shaft, low-speed, high torque, all-purpose shredder - Small - 60Hz
Item 2.i: Dual shaft, low-speed, high torque, all-purpose shredder - Medium - 50Hz
Item 2.ii: Dual shaft, low-speed, high torque, all-purpose shredder - Medium - 60Hz
Item 3.i: Dual shaft, low-speed, high torque, all-purpose shredder - Large - 50Hz
Item 3.ii: Dual shaft, low-speed, high torque, all-purpose shredder - Large - 60Hz
- UNOPS requirements are dual shaft, low-speed, high torque, all-purpose shredders as the 6 items listed above.
- Bidders at their own discretion may bid for any item, combination of items or all the items.
- Bidders may offer either or both items of i. 50Hz and ii. 60Hz.
- Quantities are undefined.
- UNOPS will not be committed to purchase any minimum quantity of the Goods, and purchases will be made only if and when there is an actual requirement.
- Bidders must enter details of offered goods into the Excel file Annex I - Technical Specifications_ITB/2021/33464 which is to be submitted with the bid.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2022.
Interested vendors must respond to this tender using the UNOPS eSourcing system, via the UNGM portal. In order to access the full UNOPS tender details, request clarifications on the tender, and submit a vendor response to a tender using the system, vendors need to be registered as a UNOPS vendor at the UNGM portal and be logged into UNGM.
For guidance on how to register on UNGM and submit responses to UNOPS tenders in the UNOPS eSourcing system, please refer to the user guide and other resources available at: https://esourcing.unops.org/#/Help/Guides
Interested in improving your knowledge of what UNOPS procures, how we procure and how to become a vendor to supply to our organization? Learn more about our free online course on “Doing business with UNOPS” here
For each item, the Bidder’s submission should stipulate the information as shown below with supporting documents to be uploaded to the folder “Supporting documents”, under Checklist, in e-Sourcing:
- The predicted performance including shredding rate (kg/hour) based on waste composition specified (to be also completed in the Excel file “Annex I - Technical Specifications_ITB/2021/33464” requirement number 15).
- Comprehensive and detailed technical specifications and supporting information/documentation shall be provided for each of the listed technical requirements.
- Technical certificate(s) attesting the cutter’s material, properties, alloy nominal hardness, alloy composition, etc.
- All associated manuals and catalogue data in English and/or French/Spanish; electrical service requirements for all motors and controls; operation and maintenance requirements; schematic diagrams of control systems and a description of operation of the control system.
- The arrangement, description of construction/installation requirements and outline drawings and any accessories showing recommended clearances and dimensions, weight of the unit and loading diagram of foundation including recommended anchorage to the foundation, where applicable.
- The shredders must be CE Certified, meet relevant British, EU, American Standards, or equivalent.
- For installation and commissioning, the Bidder must provide an expert’s daily rate, to be completed in Section III - Form B - Price Schedule Form.