The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites qualified engineering consultancy company(s) to express interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading UN Migration agency in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Consultant Engineering Company for the Structural Analysis, Design and Production of Bills of Quantities for the Renovation of MHAC Building
The Migration Health Department of IOM Nigeria is expanding its MHAC (Migration Health Assessment Centre) to provide medical services to the applicants referred by several Embassies in Nigeria. IOM Nigeria has to this end identified two properties adjacent to our Abuja office that we are considering for this expansion. A structural analysis (structural integrity testing) of these two properties is required to enable IOM determine viability of taking either of the buildings. Thereafter, construction and renovation works will be undertaken for the new premises to become fully functional as an MHAC facility.
IOM Nigeria is seeking qualified engineering consultancy company to conduct the structural analysis (structural integrity tests) on some property in Asokoro, Abuja. The firm will also develop additional design/drawings and prepare Bills of Quantities for the renovations required on the building that will make the building useable as an IOM facility.
Scope of Work
Within this framework, the engineering consultant company will focus primarily on the structural analysis (Structural integrity testing) of the property that should include but not limited to:
- Physical inspection assessment,
- Concrete sample test analysis,
- Primary beam, columns, substructure tests
- Smidt hammer tests (v) intrusive test
- structural analysists
- Preparation and review of existing structural, mechanical , electrical and architectural drawings
- Structural assessment of the roof cover (thickness of sheets, leakages) and roof members and it's ability to retain solar panel loads.
- Produce a schedule of dilapidation of all elementals, doors, windows, floors, stairs etc.
- The consultant company shall prepare structural computations and computerized analysis models in line with geotechnical data, provide recommendations and revised design as necessary, complete necessary all other designs e.g. plumbing, electrical and mechanical and to provide technical specifications.
Based on the result of the structural integrity test, they shall prepare Bills of Quantities for the construction/ renovation works that will be required to make the building useable as an MHAC facility. All works should be carried out in line and full compliance with the necessary and latest National Building Code (BNBC) and/or International standards.
The Engineering Consultant Company shall provide qualified Key experts with a minimum of ten years professional experience with specialization in Geotechnical Investigation, Architectural, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical / HVAC Engineering required for the implementation of the services described in this TOR.
All experts who have a crucial role in implementing the contract are referred to as key experts. The profiles of the key experts for this contract are as follows:
- University degree in the relative discipline (Architectural, Civil, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering) from a recognized University.
- At least 10 years of general professional experience in the area of their specialization.
- At least 5 years of specific professional experience in conformity with the requirements of this specific task.
- Project management skills
- Fluent in English
- Computer skills - MS Office, AutoCAD, Staad, ETABS or other design software.
- Knowledge about Nigerian legislation in the sphere of construction work.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 7th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The Proposals must be delivered by hand to IOM with office address at:
No. 55 Hassan Musa Katsina Road,
F.C.T - Abuja.
N/B: IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal and to annul the selection process and reject all Proposals at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to affected Service Providers/ Consulting Firms.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.