The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites interested and reputable health institutions to indicate interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is an intergovernmental humanitarian organization established in 1951 and is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits both migrants and society.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - Provision of Medical Services to Returnees
Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) is an indispensable part of IOM’s comprehensive approach to migration management and is aimed at promoting orderly and humane return and reintegration of migrants who are unable or unwilling to remain in host or transit countries and wish to return voluntarily to their countries of origin.
IOM Nigeria, in partnership with the European Union, has worked with the Federal Government of Nigeria to provide AVRR support to Nigerian migrants since 2002. The Nigerian mission, while implementing its AVRR projects, is increasingly dealing with migrants that have specific health needs that result from or are as a result of their irregular migratory experience. Hence, as a vulnerable group, their economic and social reintegration often requires additional attention and assistance related to their medical issues. Within this framework, IOM Nigeria seeks to partner with health institutions in Nigeria in the provision of medical services to its beneficiaries.
- The aim is to facilitate continuum of care and mitigate against adverse health outcome that may impact negatively on the sustainability of their economic and social reintegration.
Scope of Work
Medical services to be provided:
- General and specialist care including, pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecologists, surgery, Ear/Nose/Throat, dentistry, psychiatry and psychotherapy, ophthalmology, physiotherapy, etc.
- Emergency services.
- Catering services for in-patients.
- Laboratory and radiological diagnostic services.
- Immunizations and well-child clinic.
- Sexual and reproductive health services.
- Referral linkages and follow-up care.
- Ambulance services.
- Supply of medications.
The below documentation requirements and reports will be an integral part of IOM partnership with the service provider:
- Formal referral using IOM referral template. This will include beneficiaries’ details and IOM reference codes which will be used in subsequent communications on the patient.
- Medical report/treatment plan and cost estimate within 24hours after the Initial clinical evaluations/assessment
- Biweekly medical report for in-patients (if admission exceeds 2weeks)
- Discharge summary and follow-up plans
- Receipt for payments
N/B: Medical service providers from states of high return: Edo, Delta, Ogun, Abuja, Kano, Yobe, Imo and Anambra are highly needed.
Applications shall be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
- Cover letter in Company’s letterhead.
- Company Profile (including the names of owners, key officers, technical personnel)
- Certified true copy of Certificate of Business Registration/ Incorporation. Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Company's Articles of Incorporation, Partnership or Corporation, whichever is applicable, including amendments thereto, if any.
- Registration/certificate of permits with Federal Ministry of Health and/or appropriate state agencies concerned with accreditation and monitoring of Health care facilities
- Tax Compliance: Evidence of Tax payment for the last three (3) years
- Audited Financial Statements and/or certified Bank Statements for the last three (3) years.
- List of all contracts entered into for the last 3 years (completed and/or ongoing). Support this with documentary evidence such as copies of contracts, Purchase Orders etc.
- Current practicing licenses with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Dully filled, signed, and stamped Annex B and C (vendor Information Sheet and Vendor code of Conduct)
Application Closing Date
16:00 hours, 21st March. 2022.
Submission of Documents
The Expression of Interest shall be submitted in original and duplicate copy and should be received either by hand at the following IOM office addresses:
IOM Office in Lagos:
No 1 Isaac John street,
IOM Benin Office:
No 3 Aideyan Street,
Off Ihama Road, GRA,
N/B: This EOI is only intended for Local Medical Service Providers based in Nigeria particularly in the States of Edo, Delta, Ogun, Abuja, Kano, Yobe, Imo and Anambra.
(MS WORD) for a detailed description of the EOI.