Street Child Nigeria invites interested and reputable Auditors to tender RFP documents for the following works:
Street Child of Nigeria (SCoN) is a Non-Government Organization registered in Nigeria working predominately in the humanitarian sector in the North East and has been operational since 2017. The organisation supports the most vulnerable children to improve access to and quality education, with integrated child protection and livelihoods activities.
The national headquarters are based in Abuja, with two additional field offices located in Maiduguri, Borno and Mubi, Adamawa. SCoN’s approach of operation is through local organizations. and we currently have formal partnerships with 11 local organisations across 4 states.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposals (RFP) for Engagement of External Auditors for Street Child International, Nigeria Country Office
Street Child believes that every child deserves the chance to go to school and learn. Our projects focus on a combination of education, child protection and livelihood support to address the social, economic and structural issues that underpin today’s education crisis. We partner with local organisations and communities to deliver our locally rooted programmes, using evidence to drive learning and the refinement and scale up of programmes to create maximum impact for the most children at the lowest cost. We pride ourselves on being willing to go to the world’s toughest places where others won’t, including remote, hard-to-reach areas and fragile, disaster-affected states across sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Since 2008 we have helped over 250,000 children to go to school and learn, and supported over 25,000 families to set up businesses so they can afford the cost of educating their children.
Street Child of Nigeria (SCoN): Street Child started in Nigeria in early 2017 and implemented major humanitarian programmes in the North East to respond to the protection and education needs of children affected by the crisis. We have been supporting over 40,000 children to access quality and safe education, formal and non-formal, by providing spaces and building the capacity of teachers and communities.
We work with families and the government to overcome the barriers that undermine the development and wellbeing of children, ensuring parents and caregivers have financial resources and livelihoods to sustain their education, health and other needs, and providing child protection services. Street Child in Nigeria has ambitions to expand beyond the North East and is a reliable partner for UNICEF, UNOCHA, GIZ and other institutional donors and a member of the national Education in Emergencies, Child Protection and Early recovery and Livelihood sectors.
Scope of Service
The external auditing services will be carried out from Street Child’s office in Maiduguri, currently at Ahmadu Gomini Street, Off Gombole Road, Old GRA, Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. In addition, auditors may be expected to travel to field offices within and outside of NE Nigeria.
Auditing procedures must be performed in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (ISA). The scope of work must be wide, covering a range of issues e.g. legal/ statutory obligations to Borno State and the Federal Government of Nigeria, procurement and logistics, assets and liabilities, salaries and allowances, programme and financial oversight, accounting practices and internal control.
Deadlines and expected main tasks to be carried out by the external auditing team are:
- Annual audit on Financial Statements for 2021/2022 Financial year ending 31 March 2022 and internal controls with submission of a signed audit opinion and all required supporting documentation before 15th June 2022.
- All documentation including any additional annexes required will be submitted in English and in pdf-format to the Country Director and West Africa Finance Manager of Street Child.
- Management Letter setting out key findings from the audit and recommendations to improvement in internal controls.
- Signed copy of the audit report and any supporting information and schedule required to the HQ auditors, Moore Kingston Smith in the UK.
- Proof of valid registration as an auditing from with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, ICAN.
- Membership or affiliation to a Global network of accountancy firms,
- Proof of membership with ICAN for the responsible partner and the on-site audit team manager.
- A CV for the proposed audit team should be submitted along with the expression of interest
- Availability of an audit team led by a senior with a minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- Recent Corporate Profile.
- Documented references, preferable with Non-Governmental Organisations detailing name of client, address, contract person and year.
- Able to offer non-audit services such as taxation, payroll or other professional services advice.
- Recent Tax Clearance Certificates – Last three Years
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested and qualified firms across Nigeria and beyond should please send thier expression fo interest as well as the mandatory documents stated above to: email@example.com
with the Subject in the email as "RFP: External Auditors for Street Child International, Nigeria Country Office".