Action Against Hunger (AAH) invites interested consultants to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
Action Against Hunger (AAH) works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy. AAH has operated in Nigeria since 2010 in response to high rates of malnutrition in northern Nigeria, providing integrated health programming that focuses on nutrition, social protection for children and pregnant and lactating mothers in Jigawa and Yobe. AAH expanded to include programming in Borno in 2014 to address needs including health, nutrition, WASH, food security, livelihoods and shelter needs.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - SMART Manager Training for Action Against Hunger’s Intervention in Nigeria
Reference of the File: PD-ABU-01848-001
Project Name: Lafiya-Health Resilience of North-East (HeRoN)
Sector: Health and Nutrition, WASH
Health Resilience of Northeast Nigeria (HeRoN) is a three-year accountable grant (01 March 2020-28 February 2023) that elapsed over half of the project duration with significant progress towards achieving the objectives. The project is funded by the Foreign Common wealth and Development office (FCDO) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
HeRoN is a consortium of three partners International Rescue Committee (IRC), Action Against Hunger (AAH) and Society for Family Health (SFH) with the lead of IRC. The overall goal of the project is to ensure that crisis-affected communities in Borno and Yobe States have meaningful access to quality primary health care and nutrition services in the immediate term, while also contributing to the sustained health systems strengthening at the LGA level. The training is expected to address qualified SMART Managers shortage in nutrition sector sustainably.
Objectives of the Survey
- To build the capacity and provide continuous technical support to the National, Borno and Yobe States Primary Health Care Development Agency and National Bureau Statistics on SMART Survey through provision of SMART Survey Manager training.
- Provide SMART Survey Manager level training and practical survey.
- Strengthen the Nutrition Sector Information Management Technical Working Group (NSIMTWG) to coordinate the SMART surveys at National and State level.
- Build the capacity of National and State TWG to implement SMART survey independently
- Mobilize training participants from at level such as NSPHCDA, SPHCDA, NBS and other partners in the sector.
- A qualified and certified SMART Survey Master trainer for facilitating SMART Nutrition and Mortality Surveys Manager level Training.
- A health professional or Nutritionist with a minimum of Postgraduate degree in Public health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, statistics or any other related discipline.
- Experience in Facilitating SMART Manager level training over 2 times at similar contexts.
- Three years of experience in conducting nutrition surveys including SMART surveys.
- Prior experience in conducting SMART surveys in the same context is required. Proof of evidence leading at least one survey as SMART survey manager.
- Experience in implementing emergency nutrition programs with CMAM and IYCF components.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office and statistics packages i.e EPI INFO, ENA for SMART 2020 version, and SPSS.
- Experience in North-east Nigeria is preferred.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Noon Monday, 14th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
All interested consultants should send Expression of Interest to: email@example.com
with subject "PD-ABU-01848-001_ HeRon SMART Survey Consultancy Service" in order to receive the full ToR.
- Proposal without request of the full ToR will not be accepted.
- The prospective consultancy is expected to submit a brief methodology with concept note while responding to this expression of interest (EoI).
- The sending of full ToR will commence from March 7th 2022 until the deadline of the submissions to all expressions of interest from prospective consultants
(MS WORD) for a detailed description of the EOI.