The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) invites qualified catering organizations to express interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Corporate Dining Management Services
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria is seeking proposals from qualified catering organizations for the provision and management of full-service cafeteria at the IHVN Campus, Abuja. Our goal is to partner with a vendor that can help us increase food service participation, and support corporate initiatives to promote healthy lifestyles and sustainable practices.
This RFP will highlight the services required for the delivery of food catering services. Our intention is to ensure that all FOOD, HEALTH AND SAFETY and related requirements are adhered to, as per the established standards and as per the company’s requirements to achieve its customer satisfaction.
Scope of Work
The Contractor will provide the necessary materials and human resource to operate a functional canteen to ensure meals are prepared according to the meal schedule agreed by IHVN and Contractor.
The Contractor will provide food catering service to operate an on-site canteen at the Institutes head office for breakfast and lunch between Monday - Friday of every week, with the exception of weekends and public holidays as follows:
- Breakfast - A variety of items should be provided between the hours of 8:00am - 11:30am
- Lunch - A variety of items should be provided between the hours of 11:30am - 4:30pm
Considerations for meals:
- Healthy and delicious breakfast and lunch items, offerings inclusive of fruits, protein options, vegetarian options, side dishes, salad and dessert.
- Establish affordable prices for breakfast and lunch in the canteen considering the allocation of space, equipment and utilities provided by the Institute.
Bidders should provide the following information as part of their proposal for consideration by the Institute:
- Description of experience in canteen food services
- Examples of three or more projects similar to the criteria stated in this proposal
- References from three (3) current clients for whom similar service has been conducted.
- Completed Supplier/Vendor Registration form and all supporting documentation
- Valid Income Tax and Value Added Tax (VAT) clearance certificates both confirming that the tenderer has complied with the provisions of and discharged their obligations under the current Income Tax and Value Added Tax legislations
- Anticipated resources you will assign to the project (key staff: roles, titles and experience)
- Certifications as a Food Service Provider
- Timeframe for implementation of services
- Have the legal capacity to enter into a contract
- List of weekly menus for a period of two weeks
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
IHVN will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria. To ensure consideration for this Request for Proposal, all proposals should be complete and include all of the following:
- Proposals must provide all requirements included herein and be presented in a clear and organized manner.
- Providers will be evaluated on their expertise as it pertains to the scope of work.
- Ability of providers to execute high level of service.
- Ability of provider to supply high quality foods.
- Ability of provider to fill requirements and needs as outlined in the RFP.
- Provision of referrals.
- Shortlisted bidders will be required to provide samples of meals during the interview period as will be directed by the Institute.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
RFP documents should be sealed in an envelope, addressed and submitted to the:
Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria,
Plot 62, Emeritus Umaru Shehu Avenue,
Cadastral Zone COO,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tel: +234 (0) 94610342
- The Institute reserves the right to request any additional information that it may deem necessary to make an informed decision on any proposal.
- All documents should not exceed 15 pages and should be sent as one (1) cohesive PDF document.
- All questions regarding this RFP are to be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.