The World Food Programme (WFP) invites specialized consultancy firms or academic institutes with proven experience and capacity to develop and implement complex agriculture projects on post-harvest losses to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - Identification and Pre-Qualification of Specialized Consulting Firms or Academic Institutes for a Project on Post-Harvest Loss management
Reference No.: NGA22NF001-RFI
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Nigeria would like to identify specialized consultancy firms or academic institutes with proven experience and capacity to develop and implement complex agriculture projects on post-harvest losses. The firms/institutes should have the ability to conduct market studies and detailed value chain analyses (VCAs) for sorghum and millet in Borno, Yobe, Kano, Adamawa, Sokoto and Zamfara.
Interested firms/institutes should be able to satisfy the below requirements:
- Ability to conduct a Market assessment based on existing practices, knowledge, and information to handle Post-Harvest Losses.
- Knowledge in mapping out enabling opportunities to build effective and sustainable Trade and Market Linkages for Small Holders Farmers to improve their livelihood with increased growth opportunities in the sector/markets.
- Hold proven capacity and experience to conduct different market studies and Value Chain Analysis (VCAs) for millet and sorghum products in the Borno, Yobe, Kano, Adamawa, Sokoto and Zamfara regions.
- Capacity in making extensive Networking and Consultations with stakeholders, i.e., key government institutions, advocacy-based organizations, and the private sector.
- Availability of qualified and experienced human resources for working on Value Chain Analysis and Post-Harvest Losses.
Application Closing Date
16:00 (West Africa Time), 22nd March, 2022.
Collection of EOI Documents
Interested parties can get the Registration/Request for Information (RFI) forms and more information on WFP's requirements by sending an e-mail to: Nigeria.email@example.com
Submission of Documents
Interested parties are requested to fill and submit the completed RFI forms along with other required documents via email to: Nigeria.firstname.lastname@example.org
citing the reference number as the subject of the mail.
N/B: After registration, applications will be assessed and selected for shortlisting to bid on the project.