The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) invites reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies to express interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces some 39 per cent of the nation's oil. The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometres.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Provision of Zero-Man Entry Auto Tank Cleaning Services at Selected SPDC Facilities
Nipex Tender No: SPDC 00000440
Reference Tender No: CW515913
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC), Operator of NNPC/Shell/TotalEnergies/ Agip Joint Venture hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender for the Provision of Zero-Man Entry Auto Tank Cleaning Services at selected SPDC Facilities.
The contracts expected to commence in 2021 that will result from this tender will be four (4) in number which will last for four (4) years primary term with an optional one (1) year term for the Provision of Zero-Man Entry Auto Tank Cleaning Services at selected SPDC Facilities Bidders will be expected to demonstrate their capability and capacity to accept and deal with the financial and technical complexities associated with a contract of this magnitude and this evidence will be required in the next stages of this Tender.
SPDC hereby invites submission from reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies having requisite proven experience in Provision of Zero-Man Entry Auto Tank Cleaning Services at selected SPDC Facilities and all other works within the scope of Works.
Scope of Work
The WORK to be covered under this CONTRACT generally consists of all works incidental and necessary to the successful completion Provision of Zero-Man Entry Auto Tank Cleaning Services at selected SPDC Facilities and shall include the following:
- Mobilisation of personnel and equipment required for the safe execution of the work
- Applicable Engineering, materials procurement, and project management services
- Condition Survey of tank to measure and agree with Shell representative on the quantity of sludge available in the tank before commencement of cleaning,
- Provision of all equipment, materials and tools required for positive isolation of all pipelines, electrical, instrumentation, etc.
- Site preparation and connections of all the mechanical cleaning equipment on site
- Carrying out of all necessary connections between the tanks and the mechanical cleaning equipment
- Safe operation of the tank cleaning equipment to carry out the zero-man entry auto cleaning/evacuation of sludge from the Tank and wash the tank clean of all sludges/oil.
- In-situ treatment of sludge and associated oil recovery
- Transportation of recovered sludge to Titan Plant for treatment, processing and associated oil recovery.
- Processing/Incineration and disposal of recovered oily sand to clean sand and deposit in Shell approved area within the Bonny and Forcados Terminal
- Hand back cleaned tank to SPDC Asset
- Site clean-up, restoration and Demobilisation
- Production of final project report/documentation.
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Product Group: 3.05.22 in NipeX Joint Qualification System NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical and Commercial Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service you are listed for: open www.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on "Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool" button, click "check my supplier status and then click 'Supplier Product Group"
- If you are not listed in a product/Service category and you are registered with NURC to do business, contact Nipex office at 8 Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your NURC certificate as evidence for necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipex-ng.com/download/ to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact Nipex office for further action
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian registered company with greater than 51% Nigerian shareholding. Submit Certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc.) including company memorandum & article of association and/or evidence of entity's incorporation, shareholding & ownership structure in Nigeria.
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content execution Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well-equipped offices and workshop: attach past experience of such patronage.
- Provide evidence of domiciliation of project management and procurement centres in Nigeria with physical addresses (not PO Box)
- Location of in-country facilities (Equipment, storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and testing facilities)
- Tenderers shall provide evidence of NCEC category C NCEC and/or category 1,2,3, or 4 of Quality inspection and quality control Group (QS) NCEC to demonstrate ownership of equipment to be deployed in the execution of the zero-man entry auto tank cleaning services work scope.
- Tenderer shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing (via a letter of undertaking) to providing Project Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s)
Application Closing Date
Only tenderers who are registered with NQS in the category 3.05.22 - Sludge Treatment/Tank Cleaning Services os at Thursday 24th March 2022 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical and Commercial Bids.
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be prequalified in NJQS under the relevant product/service categories
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NQS pre-qualification shall be to the contractor's accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit both technical and commercial tenders together. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be evaluated based on their submitted commercial tenders
- NNPC/The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
- The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
NCDMB Certification of Authorization number: ES/NCDMB/SPDC/ADV/UPD/190122/Provision of Zero-Man Entry Auto Tank Cleaning Services at Selected SPDC Facilities - CW515913