The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) invites interested / eligible consultant(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is a farmer-centered, African-led, partnerships-driven institution that is working towards transforming smallholder farming from a solitary struggle to survive, to a business that thrives.
In collaboration with its partners - including African governments, researchers, development partners, the private sector and civil society - AGRA’s work primarily focuses on smallholder farmers - men and women who typically cultivate staple crops on two hectares or less. AGRA has learned a lot from efforts during its first decade and is now recognized across the continent as a strong voice for African rural development, a prosperous agricultural economy, and for supporting thousands of small African businesses and millions of African families to improve agriculture as a way to ensure food security and improve their livelihoods.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Partnership Management Consultant
Reference No.: RFP/041/PART/2022
AGRA’s goal is to catalyze an inclusive agricultural transformation on the African continent by increasing incomes and improving food security. With an initial focus on 11 countries, the goal is to improve the lives of over 30 million female and male farmers throughout Africa.
The Strategic Partnerships division is a vital cog of Agra. Our strategic partnerships are designed to harness and nurture a broad range of alliances with multilateral, technical and private organizations to catalyse agricultural transformation in Africa. By promoting sustainable agriculture, the partnerships are supporting African countries to realize the global sustainable development goals of ending hunger, achieving food security and improving nutrition. As the new strategy is being unveiled, it is vital for the Partnerships Division to not only strengthen the internal processes on partnerships but to understand the evolving landscape better to identify all potential partners to engage with. The division also aims to engage better with global events such as COP 27, N4G etc and leverage our Partnerships into platforms such as AGRF, Agribusiness Dealroom, Value4Her etc.
Objectives of the Assignment
The overall responsibility of the Strategic Partnerships Division is to develop and scale partnership intervention models that support private sector-led agriculture development and mobilization of private investments in AGRA’s key value chains, to drive gender and youth inclusion across all AGRA interventions and to promote digital innovations in agriculture.
In addition, the division supports AGRA in positioning itself as a preferred partner for private sector led agriculture development, and a leading initiator, convener and catalyst of multi-stakeholder partnerships that drive transformation.
As the new strategy is being unveiled, it is vital for the Partnerships Division to not only strengthen the internal processes on partnerships but to understand the evolving landscape better to identify all potential partners to engage with. The division also aims to engage better with global events such as COP 27, N4G etc and leverage our Partnerships in to platforms such as AGRF, Agribusiness Dealroom, Value4Her etc.
Scope of Work
This consultancy will:
- Shortlist priority targets for private sector led partnerships and Country level Mapping. Liaise closely with AGRA’s Country Heads and in-country program officers to map in-country opportunities and to facilitate agreement of organizational, divisional and in-country shortlists of priority targets for partnership development in the 2023-2030 strategy and the identification of suitable internal governance structures to support relationship management of those priority targets. Leverage AGRA partners into platforms including AGRF, Generation Africa, Dealroom and Value4Her
- Co-design in-country interventions. Translate partnership opportunities into concrete in-country activities, by supporting the administrative processes and execution of partnership related grants, technical assistance, third party funding proposals and other investments such as procurements (including but not limited to: support paperwork preparation, edit contracts, presentations, reports, and other communications)
- Onboard Relationship Managers. Facilitate timely and adequate training of Relationship Managers and Operational Leads in the Partnerships and Relationships Management Framework for the governance structure of priority target for partnership development, including partner identification, engagement and country level follow up; track and maintain a partnership and relationship database. Ensuring that AGRA’s CRM systems are up to date
- Landscape Analysis for 2022 data to facilitate priority target setting for 2022. Track and report data and progress on partnerships initiatives, deliverables, grants and consultant reports, contracts, and other commitments and requests for information with associated communications as needed. Assess existing regional, continental, and international best practices and experiences in identifying, maintaining, tracking and reviewing partnerships
- Reporting. Work closely with AGRA regional and central M&E teams to assess and make recommendations on appropriate monitoring indicators for tracking investment in agriculture in Africa and AGRA’s influence on that landscape for the 2023-2030 strategic period. Design a Partnerships and Result tracker to be fully abreast with the progress on all partnerships
- Event management. Event management including communication. Coordinate and organize strategic partnership meetings. Engage event organizers of high-level engagements (such as Davos, COP and N4G) for substantive partnerships engagement; prepare engagement tools including presentations and work with the AGRA communications team on effective (social) media messages and talking points on relevant topics. Support the planning and delivery of AGRA partnership events, including the year-round activities of the Agribusiness Deal Room. Designing the Partnerships Communications Strategy and plan for 2022 to 2027
- Communication. Support the communication plan of the Partnerships Unit. Maintain a database of key events for partnership positioning; engage event organizers for substantive partnerships engagement; prepare engagement tools including presentations, (social) media messages and talking points on relevant topics
- Develop community of practice. Support periodic convening of Relationship Managers on partnership activities and reporting standardisation to create a community of practice to engage cross-organization co-ordination and learning processes.
- Review the partnerships framework that outlines a partnership life cycle while revising related partnerships entry and exit procedure/mechanism; including partnership management instruments (MOUs, Agreements, Due diligence tools, Documentation if lessons learnt, Exit assessments, & other relevant templates)
- Administration. maintain an organized electronic filing system using the Partnerships online repository and upload all relevant partnership material in a timely manner.
The consultancy will be expected to deliver, the following outputs:
- Shortlist priority targets for private sector led partnerships for start of 2023-2030 Strategy
- Onboarded Relationship Managers for priority targets
- Partnership synergy mapping for priority targets
- Due diligence framework
- Community of practice to support Relationship Managers
- Landscape Analysis review and recommendations
- Reporting recommendations to track investment in agriculture in Africa
- Evaluation framework for the Partnerships and Relationship Management Framework.
- Event management
- Work closely with the AGRA communications team to highlight the work of the division as well as to report specific progress.
Qualifications and Requirements
The consultant should have the following qualifications/competencies:
- Master’s degree in relevant fields such as international relations and/or Organizational Development/Business Administration or any closely related field with proven record in partnership building or management, developing strategy documents and business development
- At least 15 years’ experience and proven understanding of key issues around public-private partnerships for agricultural investment, value chain development, and sustainable food systems especially in Africa
- Strong partnership management and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to research and conduct in-depth analysis, producing clear reports with strategic recommendations
- A good understanding of the Africa Agribusiness sector and geopolitical context including donor landscape and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in advocacy and policy engagement
- Experience in network or alliance leadership
- Strategic planning experience
- Expertise and lead organizational role in agricultural development programmes in Africa
- Demonstrated experience in business plan development
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder convening and brokering consensus
- Strong analytical and information presentation skills
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 15th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
All proposals SHALL be submitted via email to: email@example.com
Please include the subject line "RFP/041/PART/2022" of the email.
- The Proposals shall be prepared in English Language.
- The technical proposal shall not exceed 20 pages.
- The proposal and ALL Attachments submitted via email SHALL NOT exceed 10MB.
- VALIDITY of the proposal shall be for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected. The password shall be requested from the best evaluated consultant who meet the minimum technical score of 75%).
- Financial proposals will not be opened until the conclusion of the technical evaluation and then only for those proposals that are deemed qualified and responsive.
(Ms Word) for a detailed description of the RFP.