The Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice (ANEEJ) invites eligible and reputable consultant(s) to submit applications for the following works:
The Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice (ANEEJ) is a non-government organization whose goal is to amplify the voice of the weak, the less privileged and the marginalized groups in the society including women, youths, and People Living With Disabilities in order to increase their participation in the democratic decision-making process.
As its basis, ANEEJ believes in a democratic system for managing human interest and operates within two broad focal areas namely environmental and economic justice. Specifically, ANEEJ implements projects relating to governance and democracy, human rights (including migration and development issues) and anti-corruption, peace building and conflict resolution, development effectiveness, environment including water, sanitation and hygiene among others.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Application (RFA) for a Consultant to Review the NDDC Act
The Africa Network for Environment and Economic Justice (ANEEJ) is an Anchor Civil Society organization implementing the Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) project being implemented by Palladium with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Under SCALE, ANEEJ Cluster is implementing the Enhancing Anti-corruption and Social Inclusive Reform Initiatives in Nigeria project.
The goal of the project is to promote and engage in anti-corruption policy reforms at both the national and subnational levels in Nigeria. One of the objectives is to advocate for reforms in the 5 Oil and Gas Producing Areas Development Commissions in the Niger Delta. One of the objectives of the project is to advocate for reforms of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
Objective of the Assignment
- To review NDDC Act reflecting issues of Gender mainstreaming and social inclusion, propose areas for amendment and compare it to the draft NDDC Act amendment bill currently before the National Assembly.
Scope of Work
- Carry out an expert review and analysis of NDDC Act and identify areas and issues for amendments
- Carry out an indebt analysis for the improvement of the services of Niger Delta Development Commission and hence the quest for the development of the region.
- Review the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Act Amendment Bill currently before the National Assembly. This must consider issues of Gender Mainstreaming and Social Inclusion.
- Proffer recommendations to inform Civil Society Advocacy for the passage of the NDDC Act amendment Bill and reforms of the Commission
- Write a report with recommendations.
The consultant should be a firm, organization or individuals that ANEEJ considers to be credible, trustworthy and technically competent.
The consultant must demonstrate:
- Experience and knowledge of the Niger Delta development challenges, the NDDC and issues around the enforcement of the NDDC Act
- Understanding of the NDDC Act and the Amendment Bill currently before the National Assembly of Nigeria
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to present the report to ANEEJ Cluster, other CSOs and media stakeholders
- Knowledge of the extractive sector and prior working experience and knowledge of the Niger Delta issues.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested consultants should apply with their detailed Curriculum Vitae and a Capacity statement of not more than two pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
N/B: Only applicants that satisfy the qualifications above shall be contacted.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFA.