The United Nations Secretariat invites qualified and reputable contractor(s) to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The United Nations Secretariat is one of the six major organs of the United Nations, with the others being the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, the defunct Trusteeship Council, and the International Court of Justice. The secretariat is the UN's executive arm.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - Global On-Call Air Ambulance Services with Fixed Wing Jet Aircraft
Description of Requirements
The Procurement Division is seeking Air Operators interested in the Provision of Global On-Call Air Ambulance Services with Fixed Wing Jet Aircraft.
In the event that a solicitation exercise will be issued for this requirement, the full details of the requirements will be included in the solicitation documents.
Summary of Requirement
The United Nations seeks capacity for the provision of Global On-Call Air Ambulance Services with Fixed Wing Jet Aircraft. The services are required on an ad-hoc (non-exclusive) basis to be used globally. The primary operating area will include but not be limited to West Africa, Southeast-Asia, and South America, and if the need arises, other Regions worldwide. For the On-Call Agreement, there is no obligation on the Operator's part to guarantee the aircraft services. The main operating base will not be required to be in one of the specific regions listed. Operators must be able to provide the following:
- Aeromedical Evacuation, air transportation of any injured or sick person or personnel.
- Aircraft capacity and configuration: the aircraft must be fitted with an approved system for transportation of passengers and AME configuration.
- The aircraft and services required include medical capability, medical personnel, medical interior and medical supplies (equipment, consumables, pharmaceuticals), medical records, patient's rights.
- Multi engine Jet using jet A-1 fuel
- Two pilots and adequate flight attendant/s may be required for each flight
- 24/7 response capabilities and night operations VFR and IFR
- High/Hot operational capability
- Aircraft should have the capability of flying in controlled airspace under IFR and must have the proper equipment to fly in IMC conditions
- Operated in compliance with Annex 6, Part III to the Convention
- Aircraft should comply with the regulations of the local CAA regarding the age restriction
- Aircraft should have Field self-start capability
Participation Requirement for non-registered vendors: For companies that are not yet fully registered as Flight Service Vendors with the UN Secretariat, eligibility criteria for becoming registered as a Flight Service Vendor:
- Registration at Level 1. For more information, please visit https://www.un.org/Depts/ptd/vendors/vendor-registration-0
- Submit a copy of a valid Air Operator Certificate (including Operations Specifications) to be provided by email attached to this EOI Response.
- Submit Level 2 registration application and all documents required to register as Flight Service Vendors to the UN Procurement Division no later than the closing date of the upcoming solicitation.
For more information on the registration process, please visit our website at: https://www.un.org/Depts/ptd/aviation
or contact the Vendor Enabling and Outreach Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered for a contract award, vendors will need to complete their registration in the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM) at Level 2 and also as Flight Service Vendors with the UN.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2022.
SUbmission of Documents
Interested vendors/organisations who wish to participate in the EOI process should please Click Here
(PDF) for a detailed description of the EOI.