The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) invites reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies to express interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces some 39 per cent of the nation's oil. The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometres.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Provision of Marine Structures and Concrete Works in SPDC
Nipex Tender No: SPDC 00000451
Reference Tender No: CW608719
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC), Operator of NNPC/Shell/TotalEnergies/Agip Joint Venture hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender for the Provision of Marine Structures and Concrete Works in SPDC.
The contracts which will result from this tender will be five (5) in number and are expected to commence in 2022. The contract duration will be for a period of two (2) years primary term with an optional one (1) year term. The contract for the works shall be on call-off basis and there will be no guarantee of minimum works. Bidders will be expected to demonstrate their capability and capacity to accept and deal with the financial and technical complexities associated with a contract of this magnitude and this evidence will be required in the next stages of this tender.
SPDC hereby invites submission from reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies having requisite proven experience in Provision of Marine Structures and Concrete Works in SPDC and all other works within the scope of works.
Scope of Work
The WORK to be covered under this CONTRACT generally consists of all works incidental and necessary to the successful completion of services related to the Provision of Marine Structures and Concrete Works in SPDC and shall include the following:
- Supply and installation of driven piles (cased/pre-cast).
- Supply and installation of anchored or cantilevered sheet piles for shore protection works (steel or concrete).
- Supply and installation of sheet piles for coffer dams.
- Installation of bored piles.
- Installation Continuous Flight Auger Piles (CFA). . Construction of Jetties and Vessel Berthing Facilities.
- Construction of Diaphragm Walls.
- Remediation of Existing Foundation by Underpinning Works
- Jet Grouting and Stabilization of Slopes.
- Pile Testing
- Construction of Pile Caps, Ramps and General Concreting Works.
- Block wall & Drainage Construction.
- Other miscellaneous civil works.
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Product Group: 3.05.08 and 4.03.01 in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive the Technical and Commercial Invitation To Tender (TT).
- To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service you are listed for: open www.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on "Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool" button, click "Check My Supplier Status" and then click 'Supplier Product Group"
- If you are not listed in a product/service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact Nipex office at 8 Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
- To initiate the NJQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com/download/ to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact Nipex office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and provide the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian registered company with greater than 51% Nigerian shareholding. Submit certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc.) including company memorandum & article of association and/or evidence of entity's incorporation, shareholding & ownership structure in Nigeria.
- In line with the latest NCDMB NCEC approved guideline, SPDC shall ensure first consideration is given to vendors with NCEC Category 1 & 2 in that order in the Construction and Movable Equipment. (EC)
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Execution Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidence of well-equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
- Tenderer shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing (via a letter of undertaking) to providing Project Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
- Provide evidence of domiciliation of project management and procurement centres in Nigeria with physical addresses (not P.O.Box).
- Location of in-country facilities (equipment, storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and, testing facilities).
Application Closing Date
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS in the category a) 3.05.08 - Civil Works / Building Contracting services including Drilling / Tunneling: (specifically for Drilling, Earthworks, Landfall, Marine based, Road, Tunneling, Underground) and b) 4.03.01 - Steel / Metal / Concrete Structures / Platforms as at Thursday 24th March 2022 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical and Commercial Bids.
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be prequalified in NJQS under the relevant product/service categories.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification shall be to the contractor's accounts.
- The contract shall be awarded to five (5) successful contractors on call-off basis.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SPDC to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SPDC and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit both technical and commercial tenders together. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be evaluated based on their submitted commercial tenders.
- NNPC/SPDC reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
- SPDC will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualified companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
NCDMB Certification of Authorization number: ES/ NCDMB/SPDC/ADV/UPD/210222/Provision of Marine Structure & Concrete Works in SPDC.