The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites reputable companies / consultancy firms to submit RFQ documents for the following works:
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 170 countries.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) - Provision of Thought-Leadership Articles and Virtual Events Around the Imagine Nigeria Report
COVID-19 has led to a global health and economic crisis, and similar to many countries, Nigeria is struggling to overcome the immediate and secondary challenges presented by the pandemic. The pandemic has aggravated critical challenges such as rising levels of inequality, ethnic tensions, and political violence. In response, the UNDP has partnered with the Federal Government of Nigeria to produce the Imagine Nigeria Report which assesses and provides insight into how the crises facing Nigeria also presents opportunities for Nigeria to build a more inclusive and resilient nation.
The Imagine Nigeria Report is a foresight-oriented exercise that is neither a prediction of the future nor a national plan, rather it is an invitation to all Nigerians for a country-wide conversation on the future of the nation. The report explores the various major trends that will help to shape the future of Nigeria, offers alternative scenarios to further the country’s development and provides a series of actionable recommendations to ensure national transformation. The findings and recommendations in the report came to life through a participatory exercise involving over 300 stakeholders and experts, both nationally and internationally, which was guided by a High-Level panel made up of eminent stakeholders across government, private sector and civil society.
Imagine Nigeria is now ready to be publicly released and the UNDP is preparing to launch the report and initiate an ongoing national conversation that will engage as many Nigerians as possible in a nation-wide dialogue on their future. The conversation is expected to engage stakeholders across government, local partners, private sector, civil society organizations, the international community and more. It is in this context that the UNDP is seeking support in producing thought leadership articles, host engaging virtual events as well as a writing competition for university students that together will inspire productive long-term conversations about the report findings, key messages and actionable next steps.
Scope of Work
Under the general guidance and supervision of the UNDP Nigeria Communications Specialist, the contractor will be responsible for providing support in the following three areas:
- Produce 5 x thought leadership articles: Produce authentic, unbiased and high-quality thought leadership articles , each discussing one of the five themes listed in the Imagine Nigeria Report.
- 2 x virtual events: Develop and organize 2-hour long, engaging virtual events to highlight, promote and discuss the themes and key messages listed in the Imagine Nigeria Report with the goal of sustaining public knowledge and interest.
- 1 x writing competition for youth: Design and host a nationwide writing competition targeted at university students on the future of Nigeria anchored on the five key recommendations of the Imagine Nigeria report.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for Successful Contractor
The following documentation must be submitted:
- Company profile, which should not exceed fifteen (15) pages, including printed brochures and catalogues relevant to the services being procured.
- Latest Business Registration Certificate
- 2020 Audited Financial Statement – including income statement and balance sheet to indicate its financial stability, liquidity, credit standing and market reputation.
- Track Record - list of clients for similar services as those required by UNDP, indicating description of contract scope, contract duration, contract value, contact references.
Required Professional Skills and Experiences:
- At least 5 years of practical experience in publishing, public relations and media.
- Eligible contractors must have team members that hold professional degrees in communications, journalism/mass media, or related fields.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in drafting though leadership products, and organizing essay competitions, including social media promotions (proof of experience and productions in form of a portfolio will be required).
- Ability and flexibility to develop original content and mobilize a stakeholders to engage on thought leadership issues.
- The contractor must be operational in Nigeria or have solid local representation in Nigeria.
- Understanding of Nigeria and the media landscape will be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the local context, political and socio-economic; and a good understanding of UN/UNDP work is an advantage.
- Experience working for non-profits or UN agencies on development communication is an advantage.
- Interested contractors must provide a technical proposal and a financial proposal based on the activities listed in the Scope of Work section.
- Submissions will be reviewed and rated based on both technical and financial evaluations, providing a weight of 70% to the technical component and 30% to the financial component. Only contractor(s) achieving at least 70% from the technical evaluation shall be considered for financial evaluation.
- Along with technical and financial evaluations, Offerors are required to provide a portfolio of work highlighting previous experience executing similar televised productions.
- Offerors are required to clearly outline the proposed methodology and demonstrate rationale including timelines of each of the proposed activities in response to the brief provided
- Offerors are required to provide the financial breakdown and cost of each activity listed in the ‘Assignment’ section of this TOR
- Offerors are required to clearly indicate an estimated value of all third-party costs (such as radio, TV, social media, etc.) associated with the proposed methodology.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
- File Format: 50mb
- File names must be maximum 60 characters long and must not contain any letter or special character other than from Latin alphabet/keyboard.
- All files must be free of viruses and not corrupted.
- Mandatory subject of email: Provision of thought-leadership articles and virtual events around the Imagine Nigeria Report
- Multiple emails must be clearly identified by indicating in the subject line "email no. X of Y", and the final "email no. Y of Y.
- It is recommended that the entire Quotation be consolidated into as few attachments as possible.
- The bidder should receive an email acknowledging email receipt.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFQ.