The Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri invites interested, competent and experienced contractors to submit tender and pre-qualification documents for the following works:
The Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri is located in Owerri, the capital of Imo State, Nigeria. It was established in April, 1963 as the Advanced Teachers Training College by the defunct Eastern Nigeria Government on the grounds of the Old Shell Camp, Owerri.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Contractors and Tenders
The Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri, is desirous of embarking on the under listed 2017-2018 Merged TETFUND Library Intervention project. Consequently, interested, competent and experienced contractors are invited for Pre-qualification and Tender
Scope of Work
- Lot A1: Procurement of Assorted Textbooks and Journals
- Lot A2: Procurement/Installation of Library Equipment.
Prospective bidders shall submit the following documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31" December, 2022;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above):
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Alvan Ikoku College of Education, Owerri or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2018, 2019 & 2020;
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed:
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects. Only book vendors and Library Equipment suppliers need to apply.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 18th April, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline of submission at 12:00 noon of Monday 18th April, 2022. Venue for the opening is the College Council Chambers.
Collection of Bid Documents
Documents for Pre-qualification and Tender which must be in separate sealed envelopes and clearly marked "Application for pre-qualification for...." and "Application for Tender for ....", should be collected from the office of the Head, Procurement Unit after the payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000 (Ten thousand naira) only for each Lot. The fee should be paid into the Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri Treasury Single Account (TSA) account number 0140449661016.
Submission of Documents
The pre-qualification and tender documents must be submitted to the:
Head of Procurement Unit,
Office of the Provost,
Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education,
P.M.B. 1033, Owerri,
- All claims made by applicants may be verified and any company whose claims are found to be false shall be disqualified.
- Contractors who have worked for this College and have history of poor performance, abandoned or prolonged contract period, need not apply.
- There should be evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee as indicated above before collection of Tender documents from the office mentioned above.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency:
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- The College is not bound to accept the lowest cost bidder;
- The Alvan Ikoku College of Education is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.