The Benin-Owena River Basin Development Authority invites interested, experienced and competent Consultants to submit tenders for Expression of Interest for the implementation of the following Projects:
The Benin Owena River Basin Development Authority is one of the twelve river basin development authorities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria by an ACT of 1986 which repealed the 1979 river basins development authorities. The Benin Owena River Basin Development Authority covers three states ; Edo, Ondo, Ekiti and one senatorial district in Delta state.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for Some Fy2022 Capital Projects
The Benin-Owena River Basin Development Authority (BORBDA, hereinafter referred to as "the Authority", a Parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources, is desirous of executing her FY2022 Capital Projects.
In compliance with the Public Procurement Act, 2007, the Authority hereby invites interested, experienced and competent Consultants to submit tenders for Expression of Interest for the implementation of these Projects.
Scope of Work / Services
The scope of Services are as packaged into LOTs are as shown in the table below:
||Design for the Flood and Erosion Control Works at Idumu Oleghe, Okaigben Ewohimi, Esan South East LGA. Edo State
||Design for the Erosion and Flood Control in war, Akungba, Ipe and Epinmi Communities in Akoko South East/South West Federal Constituency Ondo State
||Design for Reclamation of Warrake Gully Erosion
||Design for the Construction of Road from Itogbo to Rear Admiral Augustus Aikhomu Rail Station, Etsako East, Edo North Senatorial District.
||Design for the Construction of two Sides Drainage at Peter Umeh Road, Etti Nanka and Edozie Madu Road, Owelle Ezukala in Orumba North/South Federal Constituency. Anambra State.
||Design for the Construction of Civic Centre in Oba Akoko in Akoko South East/South-West Federal Constituency. Ondo State.
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name is also acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificates of all Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021) valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 2021:
- For Joint Venture/Partnership. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner):
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Benin-Owena River Basin Development Authority or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications COMEG, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON,ANAN, ICAN, COREN etc;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the Projects:
- Evidence of the Firm's current Practice Licence issued by the relevant professional body(ies), such as COREN, COMEG, etc.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company's/Firm's Letterhead duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm. The company's letterhead must bear amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 21st March, 2022.
Opening of EOI
The Expression of Interest (Eol) will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00noon, Monday 21st March 2022, in the New Conference Room, Benin-Owena River Basin Development Authority, Km 24, Benin-Sapele Road, Obayantor. Bidders should please ensure that they sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Head, Procurement Unit, Ground Floor, Room 067, BORBDA Headquarter Complex, km 24, Benin-Sapele Road, Obayantor, as the Benin-Owena River Basin Development Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Submission of EOI
Interested firms should submit two (2) bound copies of the Expression of Interest (EoI) documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined (Requirements) above. The reverse side of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box not later than the stated closing date.
Each sealed envelope of bidder's Expression of Interest should be addressed and hand delivered to:
The Managing Director,
Benin-Owena River Basin Development Authority,
Km.24, Benin Sapele Road,
Obayantor, P.M.B. 1381,
Benin City - Edo State.
- Expression of Interest (EoI) must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder
- Expression of Interest (EoI) submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots;
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption Transparency
- Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only shortlisted bidders for Expression of Interest (Eol) will be contacted on a later date for collection of Request for Proposal (RIP) documents;
- The Benin-Owena River Basin Development Authority is Not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.