The Federal Government of Nigeria has allocated funds to the National Blood Service Commission (NBSC), an Agency of the Federal Ministry of Health, in the 2022 Appropriation Act for the financial year 2022 for the procurement of Goods, Works and Services for the execution of its policies, programmes, and projects towards achieving the mandate of the Commission.
Consequently, the National Blood Service Commission (NBSC), hereby invites interested contractors, suppliers and consultants with proven relevant competent and experience to submit Tenders for the supply, execution and expression of interest on the projects listed in this advertisement in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2007:
Below are the eligibility requirements for all Bidders:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation of the Company issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2, and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021), valid till 31st December 2022.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavits disclosing whether or not any of the officers of the relevant Committee of the National Blood Service Commission (NBSC) or the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the Bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years - 2019, 2020 2021.
- Evidence of financial capability to supply / execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable Commercial Bank.
- Company's inclusion in the National Automotive Design and Development Council's approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorized representatives; (for bidders that intend to supply Vehicles only).
- Company's profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project including academic/professional certificates, where applicable.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including letters of Awards, Delivery Notes or Job Completion Certificates and evidence of payment.
- Lefter of Authorization from the Original Equipment Manufacturers listed in the Approved Policy for Procurement of Health and Medical Equipment for Tertiary Hospitals in Nigeria (for Bidders interested to supply Medical Equipment and Medical Reagents).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/forwarding letter under the company's Letter head paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number(RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Contact Address Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address of the Company. The letterhead paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Company.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 4th April, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the Technical Bid will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon Monday, 4th April, 2022 in the Conference Room of National Blood Service Commission (NBSC) at No 39. Abidjan Street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja, while the Financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of Head of Procurement Unit of the Commission. The Commission and its officers will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the Head Procurement), National Blood Service Commission, No. 39, Abidjan Street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested Companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the office of the Head of Procurement, National Blood Service Commission (NBSC) at No 39. Abidjan Street, Wuse Zone 3 Abuja, on payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE tender fee of N10.000,00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only PER LOT, into National Blood Service Commission TSA in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective Bidders are to submit one original and One photocopy each of their Technical and Financial bids packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" and "Financial Bid" with soft copy of only the financial bid in MS Excel format FOR EACH OF THE LOTS bidded for. Thereafter, the two sealed envelopes should be enclosed in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to the:
Ag. Director General,
National Blood Service Commission (NBSC),
No 39, Abidjan street,
Wuse Zone 3,
F.C.T - Abuja.
- Late submission of bids will be returned un-opened.
- The outer envelope should be addressed to: The Management National Blood Service Commission (NBSC), No 39, Abidjan street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja.
- Bids must be in English language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder,
- Bids submitted after the deadline of submission would be returned un-opened:
- Bidders should not Bid or Submit Tenders more than two (2) Lots.
- All cost will be borne by the bidder
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services):
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un successful bidders will be returned un-opened
- The National Blood Service Commission (NBSC) is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Act 2007.
- The National Blood Service Commission (NBSC)will not be held responsible for any cost and/or expenses incurred by any company/bidder in the preparation, submission and/or in connection with any response to this invitation to bid.
- The National Blood Service Commission (NBSC) is not obligated to award a contract to any company and or Bidder in respect of this invitation and reserves the right to cancel, annul and/or discontinue the procurement process at any stage, without incurring any liability from the Companies/Bidders.
- This "Invitation to Bid" shall not be construed as an offer of contract or commitment on the part of the National Blood Service Commission (NBSC) nor shall it entitle any Company/Bidder to make claims and/or seek any indemnity or compensation from the National Blood Service Commission (NBSC).