The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites interested institution / research organization to express interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Engagement of Operations Research Firm for Evaluation of Current Strategies and Approaches aimed at Improving Community Response and Sustainability of TB, HIV and Malaria Interventions
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria provides resources to support resource constrained countries to implement national plans and meet health goals towards achieving the Universal Health Coverage (UHC). The 2021-2023 Global Fund Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) grant to Nigeria will contribute to making foundational changes to strengthen the health systems in Nigeria by:
- Providing effective leadership and an enabling policy environment that ensures adequate oversight and accountability for the delivery of quality health care for sustainable development of the national health system
- Strengthening the procurement and supply chain management system for efficient health service delivery
- Strengthening the National Health Management Information System (NHMIS)
- Ensuring equitable, safe, appropriate, quality, and effective laboratory services to meet current and future needs
- Promoting community engagement for sustainable health development
The RSSH grant 2021-2023 is supporting community systems strengthening (CSS) interventions that support the development and reinforcement of informed, capable, coordinated and sustainable structures, mechanisms, processes and actors through which community members, organizations and groups interact, coordinate and deliver their responses to the challenges and needs affecting their communities. Many people with HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria (ATM)-related illness already receive most of their support and care from the community, not from formal institutions. Only through community involvement will programs of sufficient number, scope, coverage and value for resources and effort be achieved. Studies have shown community engagement leads to increased community ownership, leadership, management and sustainability of health interventions. Therefore, introducing community strategies that bring together key players in the area of ATM to work collaboratively with preexisting community structures may likely improve ATM responses and sustainability.
Therefore, the community systems strengthening is essential for safe, relevant, accessible and high-quality services and structures needed to end the HIV, TB and malaria epidemics and to develop resilient and sustainable systems for health. It also rests at the heart of the integrated, co-produced and people-centered packages that are vital to achieve Universal Health Coverage and progress across all the Sustainable Development Goals.
Specific Scope of Work
A mixed method will be employed in the collection of qualitative, quantitative and cost data. A research firm will be engaged to manage the process. The key methods will include, but not limited to:
- Formative research
- Stakeholder workshop to review the formative research and identify actions to pilot
- Two sets of learning cycles
- An outcome assessment
- Data analysis
- Report writing and publications
- Stakeholders meeting to share findings and recommendations
Qualifications / Experiences / Competencies of the Firm
The institution or research organization must have the following skills/requirements:
- Previously conducted population-based surveys, public health related evaluations and operations research studies on a large scale. Evidence of at least three jobs conducted in the last five years
- Ability to implement research according to protocol, analyze and present findings in an agreeable format
- Meet deliverables within the agreed timelines
- Willingness to work in resource scarce environment
- Evidence of Familiarity with the state and local government health systems in Nigeria
- Evidence of familiarity with HIV/AIDs, TB, Malaria programmes and community systems and responses is an added advantage
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
General Eligibility Criteria
- Evidence of company registration (certificate of incorporation of the company) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020) valid till 31st December 2021;
- Copy of Company Audited Accounts for the last 3 years (2018, 2019 and 2020);
- Evidence of PENCOM Compliance Certificate expiring by December 2021;
- Evidence of ITF Compliance Certificate expiring by December 2021;
- Evidence of NSITF Compliance certificate expiring by December 2021;
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Agency for the Control of Aids or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- The minimum validity period of the Tender should be One Hundred and Twenty (120) Days;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the contract by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years by showing copy of either Letters of Awards, or Job Completion Certificates or Contract Agreement.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company Letter Head Paper using the Tender Submission Sheet template in Form G-1 and bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (Preferable GSM No.), and e-mail address, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm. An unsigned bid will be disqualified.
- Copies of staff academic certificates should be provided by firm in their submission
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon, 21st March, 2022.
Collection of RFP Document
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.
Submission of Documents
Prospective consulting firms are to submit three (3) hard copies (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and financial bid. Thereafter, the Tenderer shall enclose the original in one (1) envelope and all the copies of the Tender in another envelope, duly marking the envelopes as "Engagement of Operations Research Firm for Evaluation of Current Strategies and Approaches aimed at Improving Community Response and Sustainability of TB, HIV and Malaria Interventions" and "FINANCIAL".
The two (2) envelopes shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope and delivered to:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse zone 4,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234 94613700
- The bids will be opened immediately after close of submission.
- Prospective bidders can submit their documents as a Joint Venture with relevant documents provided in line with the requirements stated in the SBD.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be rejected;
- NACA reserves the right to evaluate and award per line item and in the event of exigency, NACA may vary the quantities/quality of the items during the time TSO 2021 8 8 of evaluation, award and execution of contract with respect to this invitation to tender;
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.