The Upper Benue River Basin Development Authority (UBRBDA) invites interested and Competent Contractors to indicate interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
Upper Benue River Basin Development Authority (UBRBDA), with its administrative headquarters in Yola, Adamawa State, is one of the twelve (12) River Basin Development Authorities established under Decree No. 25 of 1976. as amended by Decree No. 35 of 1987. The functions of the Authority include the development of water resources potentials within its defined area of jurisdiction. The operational area covers an area of about 252,606sqkm constituting the whole of Gombe and Taraba States, Adamawa central and south senatorial districts and Bauchi south senatorial district.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI)
The Upper Benue River Basin Development Authority (UBRBDA), a Parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources in furtherance to its statutory mandate intends to undertake the Procurement of Consultant Service under the 2022 Capital Appropriation and in accordance with extant Provisions of Section 25 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and Section 68 (2) (b) of the Finance Act, 2020. 1.2 The Authority therefore invites experienced and competent Consultants/Service Providers with relevant experience to submit Expression of Interest for the provision of consultant service under approved 2022 capital appropriation.
Scope of Service
The Scope of Consulting Service to be rendered is to appoint an independent engineering consulting firm fully acquainted with Hydropower Project generation, operation and maintenance technology, registered with the relevant professional Agencies and Government Regulatory Authorities on power generation, evacuation and distribution in respect of a 40MW installed capacity at Dadin Kowa Multipurpose Dam, Yamaltu/Deba LGA, Gombe State. The successful Consulting firm will be responsible to the Client FMWR/UBRBDA BOT/ Concession agreement signed in July 2005 as amended in July 2016.
Interested and Competent Contractors, Service Providers/Consultants wishing to carry out the service are required to submit the following documents in their Expression of Interests:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC2 & 7. Business Name is also acceptable for Category C;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificates of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three years (2019, 2020, 2021); valid till 31st December 2022.
- Evidence of current Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate (2022) valid till 31st December 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers; by submission of the Interim Registration Report (IRR) Expiring on 31st
- December, 2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant Committees of the Upper Benue River Basin Development Authority, Yola or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020, 2021);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial Bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional Qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence for at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the Projects;
- Evidence of Firm's current registration with relevant regulatory professional body(ies):
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the company/firm's letter headed paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), contact address, telephone number (preferably GSM No.) and e-mail address. The letter headed papers must bear the names and nationalities of the Directors of the Companies at the bottoms of the page duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
NOTE that all documents/information required must be paginated, submitted in the Sequence order as listed above.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 21st March, 2022.
Opening of EoI
The Eol Bids will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 on Monday, 21st March, 2022, at the Authority's Conference Hall. Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register at the address stated in 4.0 above, as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Submission of EOI Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for the service, two (2) hard copies their Eol, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked "Expression of Interest Eol". Thereafter put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with the Name of the Project and addressed to the:
Upper Benue River Basin Development Authority,
Mbamba - Furore Road,
Yola - Adamawa State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and should be deposited in the Tender Box at the address above, not later than the specified closing date. Kindly note that submission of Financial Bid is not applicable at this stage.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- EOI must be submitted unopened.
- Non-Compliance with the conditions stated herein will lead to automatic disqualification of the bidder from the bidding process.
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals (RIP).
- The Upper Benue River Basin Development Authority is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement Process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.