Mercy Corps invites interested contractors to submit tender documents for the following works:
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. Mercy Corps works in fragile and conflict-affected environments. While we recognize that these are difficult places to operate, we believe that transitional environments - countries affected by civil wars, economic and political crisis, or natural disasters - offer tremendous opportunities for positive change.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Drilling of Borehole, Installation of Submersible Pump, and Solar System in Dakli, Kpasham Ward, Demsa LGA, Adamawa State
Tender No: NIG/YOL/TEN22
Scope of Work / Technical Specifications
- Mercy Corps (MC) Nigeria Mission (herein referred to as the EMPLOYER) is planning to drill one borehole in Dakli community, Kpasham ward, Demsa LGA, Adamawa State.
- Hydro-geological survey has been carried out to identify the exact drilling point.
- MC is seeking for a contractor to provide for proper tools, machinery, materials, and labor necessary for carrying out drilling and construction of the borehole, its development, test pumping, apron and other construction and Installation works as detailed in the technical Specification documents.
- The Contractor shall mobilize to site within two weeks of signing the contract. This should include taking over site, geophysics, and Drilling. The contractor shall take over site in the presence of the Supervisor, and Community.
- Contractor shall provide work schedule within one week after signing of the contract.
Personnel and Equipment
The contractor shall provide qualified and competent staff to successfully execute the works. The contractor shall be responsible for the hiring of, and the transfer of his personnel as required during the contract period including procurement of entry visas and work permits for expatriates. He shall be responsible for arranging and providing housing and other logistics for his personnel.
Unless agreed otherwise by the Project Supervisor, the Contractor shall show evidence of the availability of a drilling rig and associated equipment capable of carrying out the same works and which can be mobilized and brought to the site within a period of not more than two weeks such that the contract period is not extended.
The Contractor shall provide and maintain enough suitable equipment to complete the drilling or rehabilitation works within the period specified in the contract. The equipment should include but not limited to some or all the following essential equipment:
- Drilling Rig
- Air compressor
- Pumping test equipment
- Support vehicles
- Other accessories
Suppliers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they:
- Are not registered companies
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- Have been convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct
- Have not fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes
- Are guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information
- Are in violation of the policies outlined in Mercy Corps Anti Bribery or Anti Corruption Statement
- Supplier (or supplier’s principals) are on any list of sanctioned parties issued by; or are presently excluded or disqualified from participation in this transaction by: the United States Government or United Nations by the United States Government, the United Kingdom, the European Union, the United Nations, other national governments, or public international organizations.
- A copy of business registration document (CAC)
- A copy of tax certificate and/or Tax Clearance
- A copy of signed and stamped offer sheet
Documents supporting the Eligibility Criteria:
- A copy of Evidence of registration with CAC
- A copy of Tax Identification Number and/or Tax Certificate (Clearance).
- A copy of Signed and stamped price offer as per the provided template.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 18th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Hard Copy Submission of proposals should be labelled "NIG/YOL/TEN22: The Drilling of Borehole, Installation of Submersible Pump, and Solar System in Dakli, Kpasham Ward, Demsa LGA, Adamawa State" addressed and delivered to:
Mercy Corps Office,
10A, Suntai Road,
Karewa Extension, Jimeta,
Yola - Adamawa State.
For e-submissions email offer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
With the email title "NIG/YOL/TEN22: The Drilling of Borehole, Installation of Submersible Pump, and Solar System in Dakli, Kpasham Ward, Demsa LGA, Adamawa State".
- All offers shall be made in accordance with these instructions, and all documents requested should be furnished, including any required (but not limited to) supplier-specific information, technical specifications, drawings, bill of quantities, and/or delivery schedule. If any requested document is not furnished, a reason should be given for its omission in an exception sheet.
- No respondent should add, omit or change any item, term or condition herein.
- If suppliers have any additional requests and conditions, these shall be stipulated in an exception sheet.
- Each offeror may make one response only.
- Each offer shall be valid for the period of [180 days] from its date of submission.
- All offers should indicate whether they include taxes, compulsory payments, levies and/or duties, including VAT, if applicable.
- Suppliers should ensure that financial offers are devoid of calculation errors. If errors are identified during the evaluation process, the unit price will prevail. If there is ambiguity on the unit price, the Selection Committee may decide to disqualify the offer.
- Any requests for clarifications regarding the project that are not addressed in written documents must be presented to Mercy Corps in writing. The answer to any question raised in writing by any offeror will be issued to that offeror. In some cases Mercy Corps may choose to issue clarifications to all offerors. It is a condition of this tender that no clarification shall be deemed to supersede, contradict, add to or detract from the conditions hereof, unless made in writing as an Addendum to Tender and signed by Mercy Corps or its designated representative.
(PDF) to view detailed description of the ITT.