The United Nations Secretariat invites interested and credible contractors to express interest by submitting RFI documents for the following works:
The United Nations Secretariat is one of the six major organs of the United Nations, with the others being the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, the defunct Trusteeship Council, and the International Court of Justice. The secretariat is the UN's executive arm.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Information - Provision of Supply and Delivery of Pre-Engineered Modular Structures with Interior Furnishings and Related After Sales Support Services
Description of Requirements
The United Nations (UN), Department of Operational Support (DOS) has a potential future requirement for the provision of pre-engineered modular structures at their facilities for living/working accommodations with interior furnishings.
The pre-engineered modular structures shall be rapidly deployable, allows erection/commissioning of the structures in post-conflict areas with minimal use of heavy engineering equipment and specialized technical trades; are energy efficient; and require minimal preventative maintenance during the service life of the structures which is expected to be seven years. Pre-engineered modular structures, include substructure, shell, interiors, services, and equipment/furnishing elements for office and living accommodations
In addition, the missions may require interior furnishings for only the living / working accommodation pre-engineered modular structures of interior space of minimum 28m2. (Approximately 7mX4m). The conceptual Furniture layout is indicated below. The required interior furnishings may include the following multifunctional, versatile, and modular / adjustable furniture:
- General area (e.g. shelves, wardrobes, foldable tables)
- Space saving for sleeping area (Bed, Mattress)
- Living area (Seating furniture with minimalist design)
- Bathroom (storage space for personal items)
- Home appliances such as small refrigerator with freezer
- Cooking area: two-burner electric stove, small microwave oven, wall shelves (Personal storage space for kitchen tools)
- Light fixtures: Table lamp, desk lamp and floor lamp
- A small safe box with digital lock
This Request for Information (RFI) is intended to assess whether potential bidder’s of pre-engineered modular structures have the capability and experience in supplying interior furnishings as an option with the provision of pre-engineered modular structures.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested vendors/organizations who wish to participate in the EOI process should please Click Here
Specific Requirements / Information (If Any)
- To respond to the RFI, the Companies are required to:
- Complete Section A - RFI Questionnaire
- Complete Annex A - List of Projects
- Provide supporting documentation such as technical data sheets and brochures, technical drawings, diagrams, certificates etc.
- The RFI response and all supporting documentation listed above shall be prepared in accordance with the instructions provided and sent by e-mail to Yun Li (email@example.com)
- Incomplete and unsigned submissions will not be considered.
- All responses and supporting documentation received will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be made available to Parties outside of the United Nations.
- This RFI does not constitute a solicitation, and the UN reserves the right to change or cancel the process or any of its requirements at any time during the process; any such action will be communicated to all participants.
- All queries and need for clarifications should be sent via email to the attention of Yun Li (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(PDF) for more clarifications.