The United Nations Secretariat invites potential Suppliers and vendors to indicate interest by tendering RFI documents for the following works:
The United Nations Secretariat is one of the six major organs of the United Nations, with the others being the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, the defunct Trusteeship Council, and the International Court of Justice. The secretariat is the UN's executive arm.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Information - Provision of Air Transportation Services with Rotary Wing Aircraft Within Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania, in support of United Nations
Description of Requirements
United Nations Headquarters is seeking information regarding the provision of Long Term charter Services for one (1) or more rotary aircraft for a period of six (6) months plus two (2) optional six (6) months periods, in support of operations to be stationed in either Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland or elsewhere in Europe.
The operator shall provide logistic operations such as transportation of passengers and/or cargo point-to-point operations, operating day and night under VFR/IFR capability. The Aircraft shall be available 24/7. When needed the operator may also be required to undertake other types of services which may include general emergency evacuation with or without an AMET Team.
Specific Requirements / Information (If Any)
- Aircraft must be capable to perform missions for a minimum of 9 adult passengers (85 Kg each) with 20 kg of personal luggage each on passenger configuration.
- Aircraft must be able to transport a payload of at least 1,000 kg without refuelling at a distance of 250NM.
- Aircraft must be able to be reconfigured from passenger to cargo to general stretcher evacuation configuration or vice-versa in less than 45 minutes.
- Trained, Type Rated and licensed Flight Crew including Maintenance team.
- All dangerous goods transported by air must be carried in compliance with ICAO Doc 9284, if applicable.
- The Air Operators are required to be self-sufficient when tasked outside the Main Operating Base.
- Air Operators are required to have the back office capability to secure and pay for their own landing permits, ground handling, aviation fuel and crew accommodation, meals and transportation and any other operational costs.
- No Safety concerns from ICAO or EU on the Air Operators or relevant Civil Aviation Authorities granting AOC.
Participation Requirement for non-registered vendors - For companies that are not yet fully registered as Air Operators with the UN Secretariat, eligibility criteria for participation in this exercise are as follows:
Application Closing Date
- Registration at Level 1. For more information please visit https://www.un.org/Depts/ptd/vendors/vendor-registration-0
- Submit a copy of a valid Air Operator Certificate (including Operations Specifications) to be provided by email attached to this RFI Response
- If you can provide Medevac services (AMET) submit the relevant approvals/certificates.
- Submit Level 2 registration application and all documents required to register as an Air Operator to the UN Procurement Division as soon as possible, and prior to any contract award. For more information on the registration process, please visit our website at https://www.un.org/Depts/ptd/aviation, or contact the Vendor Registration and Management Team at: email@example.com.
- New vendors will need to complete their registration at Level 2 and as Air Operators with the UN in order to be considered for a contract award
18th March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested vendors/organizations who wish to participate in the EOI process should please Click Here
In case you have difficulties submitting your response electronically, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
directly for instructions.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFI.